custom mini-quads?

douellette

id like to change the headlights on my cutlass. im looking for more of the xenon lights. i know they dont sell the whole assembly like that. but does anyone know how to change just the bulb? i tried it once to no avail. any tutorials? pictures? thanks.

I used a screw driver and popped the black thing out that hold the bulb and then replaced the bulb and then used

silicon and wrapped it in electrical tape.

I replaced all the bulbs on my car this way.

i just rip it out and silicon the new one back in!

i have done that and the silverstars are the shit!!! It not all about just changeing bulbs either.. you have to adjust your headlights too.. mine are so perfect that i dont use my brights as much.. also i get a few people flash brights as if i had mine on but i flash mine and they slow down.. lol.. i like the silverstars and a adjustment of the lights and it works great!!..

i just rip it out and silicon the new one back in!

i have done that and the silverstars are the shit!!! It not all about just changeing bulbs either.. you have to adjust your headlights too.. mine are so perfect that i dont use my brights as much.. also i get a few people flash brights as if i had mine on but i flash mine and they slow down.. lol.. i like the silverstars and a adjustment of the lights and it works great!!..

When I put my car back together I will adjust them.

anyone have any better suggestions besides silverstars......I certainly didn't think that they were even close to being worth the $

Get some HIDs, you have seen Matts cars, FTW!

anyone have any better suggestions besides silverstars......I certainly didn't think that they were even close to being worth the $

Get some HIDs, you have seen Matts cars, FTW!

im considering the HID kits on ebay cuz there such a good price.

• 1 month later...

check out this site for a very easy solution: http://eurolamps.com/eurolamps/camaro_headlights.htm

This is the way to go. My friend did this conversion on his camaro plus HID's and it works great. He doesnt even use his highs.

*Waits for the HID experts to come in here with there bullshit about cutoff*

when i get the money thats probly the route ill go

I bought a set of Silverstar Ultra's from Ebay and put them in 2 years ago, and had one just go out. That's the downside to them they go out rather quickly. I will probably but another Ultra in there but I will buying them on ebay again, because I'm not paying the $50 they sell for retail. I won't do HID because well simply my car isn't worth it, LOL.

When you do replace them double check the glass. If it's OEM glass often it will not be as clear as replacement sealed beams since they've been on the car for 13+ years.

• 1 month later...

I just did the rip and switch w/ mine. Had a set of SS Ultras from my 1500 Chevy and put those in. Used the ultra black siliconeto seal and voila, new head lights. Make sure to adjust them properly. I've been using my Ultras for almost 3 years now. Will probably switch to HID after they burn out.

check out this site for a very easy solution: http://eurolamps.com/eurolamps/camaro_headlights.htm

Which one would I order for my 95 GTP?

The Camaro or Firebird lights?

Yup. Camaros and Firebirds use the same miniquads as the GP and CS. Don't know why that product isnt aimed towards us too... I guess we arent important enough :roll:.

I want to get that kit for mine as soon as I can afford it... the stock miniquads suck.

Simple but easy to screw up. If you break the housing you're stuck buying a new sealed beam bulb, which I've seen for sale anywhere from $30 - $60 for a standard Wagner Halogen. If you buy that eurolights kit... you're getting both for slightly less than it would cost you to buy both sealed beams.

Simple but easy to screw up. If you break the housing you're stuck buying a new sealed beam bulb, which I've seen for sale anywhere from $30 - $60 for a standard Wagner Halogen. If you buy that eurolights kit... you're getting both for slightly less than it would cost you to buy both sealed beams.

yea and i asked the guy from the site about them and he said they're are completely custom

I wish there was an option of just the housings themselves without the bulbs in them...I don't want their bulbs.

i also asked him about that and he said they could do that, i cant remember the price difference though. i would just email them yourself.

Mod was easy to do. Here's how if you haven't already looked.

1- Take hair dryer set to high and heat bulb cap.

2- Use flat head screw driver to push cap up

- place in between cap and housing and gently, but w/ a little force, both sides, 1 at a time (takes a little time and effort)

3- Once bulb is out, clean housing of glue

4- Take 9005/ 9006 bulb, apply thin layer of black rtv silicone to lock plate

5- Set bulb on housing the way old blub was

6- Apply more rtv to outter edges for seal and allow to dry for at least 12 hrs

7- Repeat for other bulbs