What Cleaner To Use?

tdvs

There is no such thing as "new" at the j/y, which is were I just got them :lol: They are the "L" shaped inner thresholds that hold down and cover the edge of the carpet long the door sill. Mine were all cracked and busted around the rear screw holes from stepping no them when entering and exiting the back seat? (Previous owner)

As strange as this sounds, what I've used with awesome results, is orange pumice/ GOJO hand cleaner. The grit and the soap work together to get stuff clean, with a little elbow grease of coarse. Smells great when you're done too. Otherwise, what I've used also, is Westley's Bleche White. It's caustic, so be careful, and with anything like that, test in an inconspicuous spot first. I've used the Bleche White on my snowmobile with awesome results to get exhaust stains of the bellypan plastic, that Simple Green wouldn't touch.

my new parts car came with a perfect set of those. screw holes not broken and few scuffs. I was not expecting it either because the rest of the interior was shot.

nice medium gray color too.

seems like once they are scuffed up and cracked its time to start looking.

While it's not recommended, I used some greased lightning wipes a while back on a Regal's tan plastic interior pieces to remove black scuff marks. They're the "greased lightning shop wipes." With a little rubbing, the scuffs came right off. I believe the wipes said not to use them on plastic, leather, etc. but they did not discolor the plastic at all or do any harm that I could tell. Any all purpose cleaner that's fairly strong should remove the scuffs with some rubbing...but you might want to dilute them and test them on a piece that's not readily visible first.

Hmmm... not the most conventional way but I always use lacquer thinner at work. You just have to be REALLY careful not to press to hard or you will take all of the color off...

While it's not recommended, I used some greased lightning wipes a while back on a Regal's tan plastic interior pieces to remove black scuff marks. They're the "greased lightning shop wipes." With a little rubbing, the scuffs came right off. I believe the wipes said not to use them on plastic, leather, etc. but they did not discolor the plastic at all or do any harm that I could tell. Any all purpose cleaner that's fairly strong should remove the scuffs with some rubbing...but you might want to dilute them and test them on a piece that's not readily visible first.

x2 on the use of a all purpose cleaner.

Hmmm... not the most conventional way but I always use lacquer thinner at work. You just have to be REALLY careful not to press to hard or you will take all of the color off...

x23

/end thread

that at will definitely solve all your personal problems....I have had huge problems with overspray (what can I say? I am lazy when masking off things?) As he said, don't push real hard, and after you have it all removed, make sure you claybar/wax it to get the shine back, otherwise, the lacquer thinner will make everything very dull