ABS LIGHT?

94 olds vert

Bah. ABS. Back in the good ol' days, you had to know how to drive a car without layer upon layer of safety systems to save you.

I like having nothing but two pedals and a steering wheel. :biggrin:

Me too. I hate ABS. It comes on in those moments when I take a hard turn and one of my wheels pops off the ground. Annoying as hell.

Bah. ABS. Back in the good ol' days, you had to know how to drive a car without layer upon layer of safety systems to save you.

I like having nothing but two pedals and a steering wheel. :biggrin:

Me too. I hate ABS. It comes on in those moments when I take a hard turn and one of my wheels pops off the ground. Annoying as hell.

I remember doing an advanced driving course with work, and the instructor got mad at me ..... I was used to driving 2.5 tons of 30 year old rover Rover with rear drum brakes ... cadence braking was second nature, I just could not get the skid car (one of those with the frame and tiny wheels) to skid under braking! LOL

never can say ive ever had one of those moments LOL

:biggrin:

Adam knows what its like.

When you take a turn fast enough, if you go over a bump, it kicks one of your rear wheels up, it locks, and ABS engages. Pain in the ass.

On a similar note, take a look at the cars coming out today. Adaptive cruise control, blind-spot detectors, self-parking, etc. I'd love to know what this is doing to drivers today; are they (we) becoming less skilled at driving cars because they do so much for us?

On a similar note, take a look at the cars coming out today. Adaptive cruise control, blind-spot detectors, self-parking, etc. I'd love to know what this is doing to drivers today; are they (we) becoming less skilled at driving cars because they do so much for us?

it seems so... except they can't seem to tell when our accelerators are stuck open...

i like only a few things to my vehices: power steering, brakes, windows, locks, and three pedals to make music with... everything else is wasted on me.

it seems so... except they can't seem to tell when our accelerators are stuck open...

i like only a few things to my vehices: power steering, brakes, windows, locks, and three pedals to make music with... everything else is wasted on me.

lol.

todays cars are meant for the fat and lazy lol