ABS LIGHT?

94 olds vert

My abs light popped on today. Read the manual and it read get the breaks checked.

Any ideas? Not even a week ago my mechanic told me the breaks were fine so just maybe a bad connection is all I am thinking.

Were would be the first place to check for the connection?

So I tried to restart the system with the instructions from my manual. The light was still on.

The light is a constant and not flashing. So, I have breaks just not anti-lock breaks.

my ABS light used to be on constantly for about 4 years...

i disconnected and reconnected EVERYTHING related to it. the wires at the EBCM were broken internally with no visible damage. hack the ends off, soldered/heatshrank in some new wire, lights off.

ABS still doesn't work (thank god), but at least the light is gone...

As, long as the lights off there is no problem. :mrgreen:

light goes off, i punch the brake hard enough for it to come on and most of the time, it lights up for a few minutes and goes back off. never feel it working, nor do i want it to.

mine used to come on all the time (1994 grand prix)

and the way I fixed it was the jump post/shock tower whatever you call it, where you are supposed to jump the car from, gets corroded, so what you have to do is use a drummel tool or digrinder and clean up the corrosion, problem solved. I would try that before throwing money at the car....

Removing the bulb is easier than fixing ABS.

not necessarily. i can at least find the problem in about 30 seconds or less using my ABS ADS for tunerpro...

Half-assed! The W-body.com way!

not for me it isn't...

not necessarily. i can at least find the problem in about 30 seconds or less using my ABS ADS for tunerpro...

But not all of us have that capability.

But not all of us have that capability.

all OBD1 W's can have the capability with less than $60 provided they have a laptop...

All right the problem has been solved. The aux battery post is broken where it bolts down there is a crack. So i just tightened the bolt down and the light went off. Looks like this weekend I am going to the junkyard to find a new one.

mine used to come on all the time (1994 grand prix)

and the way I fixed it was the jump post/shock tower whatever you call it, where you are supposed to jump the car from, gets corroded, so what you have to do is use a drummel tool or digrinder and clean up the corrosion, problem solved. I would try that before throwing money at the car....

this is what fixed mine

Bah. ABS. Back in the good ol' days, you had to know how to drive a car without layer upon layer of safety systems to save you.

I like having nothing but two pedals and a steering wheel. :biggrin: