400hp 3.4dohc.... RIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sonyman87

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aaron

• 91GranSport

• turbostewhite

• Bolt_Crank

a 3.4 in a beretta will not work without cutting the firewall becuz of how wide our motor is. it has been attempted numerous times, every tiem the guys get tired of going wacko with a hacksaw, and just do a 3.8 SC swap. which works much better. ESSENTIALLY, the lower half of the 3.4 is a 3.1, but some things are different. im not exactly sure what, but i do know that the 3.4 used more heavy duty stuff, up to and including trannys.

Ahhh, yes, now I recall your post from earlier. I do remember reading an article in High Performance Pontiac where it shows a '93 Grand Prix GTP that put more power to the ground than a Gen2 Grand Prix GT with the 3800 Series II. However, an L67 is far more powerful than the L36 so I'm sure you must have more mods than that or else the other drivers have poor skills.

Given your 5-speed must also make a major difference, mated to the 3.4L Twin Cam. I won't underestimate that though, I've never driven the 3.4L Twin Cam with the Getrag 282/284 but I've heard stories...

i have a redzmonte COld air intake and exhaust, FFP UD pulley and chip, and magnecore 8.5mm wires. so basically very lightly modded.

im pretty sure i can pull a 14.78 at 92.68 at the track :roll: as for that being altitude adjusted(we were at 1200ft), it turns down to a high 14.5 or a low 14.6, cant remember. By pure slips, that is faster than a 97-02 GTP. and then consider i only race the L67s from rolling starts, where i have every advantage in the world.

Without adding hardware? Simple, take the existing hardware and make it better.

Work on the cylinder heads, intake and exhaust manifolds, valves and such and perhaps you can bring out more power. However, if you truly want more power you will have to either add or replace the existing hardware. Such as forged aluminum pistons, lightweight chromoly connecting rods, high lift camshafts, etc.

Anyone know how to tweak those horsies and torque out of the 3.4? Without adding any hardware...like cam or messing with the heads? Has to be pretty simple, if GM originally made the engine THAT strong, doncha think?Maybe a simple chip/intake/exhaust combo?

The Z06 is only available in a 6-speed.

ok ???? i have driven a Z06 Corvette auto that my aunt has and after feeling the ballcrushing acceleration i highly doubt that one of out cars can beat one. yea it's a auto but my uncle has the 6-speed( i like that alot better!!!).

Well then she must have an immitation she bought it at Mac Master here in london, On what could it be then?????? i am very sure that it is a Z06,

I like how every fucking thread turns into a story about Aaron racing someone. Jesus fucking Christ.........shut the hell up!!!!

Robby

W3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Robby

Ass..................... :P

Brian P (aka Brian, I eat a lot of cock, P)

i'm sorry to say this but aaron you try and make yourself sound like a funny car driver by all these race stories.i really dont think you'd be able to keep up with any of these cars you say you do.

yah, cuz i just made up my 1/4mi time. really id id. i drugged Luke, John, and the Admin of this site, and the other 10 people there into believing that they were reading 14.78, instead of 16.78, which is what i ran in pueblo. thats it, right?

Asshole, :read:

detuned/redesigned to make 215HP so trannys didnt blow.

wrong. a 285hp Lumina would slap a 285hp corvette, and face it, GM didnt want a Lumina to bitch slap its pride and joy corvette.

This IMO and several others is why the GN met it's demise so early in it's life.

Aaron is right, the ZR1 was faster and quicker than the Syclone, but not by much. The ZR1's seemed to average about 13.0@110 mph in the quarter and the Syclones seem to average about 5 seconds to 60 and mid 13's at about 100 mph in the quarter.

Syclone Claims from GMC

0-60 4.6

1/4 mile 13.4 @ 99.8 mph

Syclone (Popular Hot Rodding)

0-60 5.0 seconds

1/4 mile 13.16@100 mph

Syclone (Car and Driver)

0-60 5.3 seconds

1/4 mile 14.1@93 mph

Syclone (Car Craft)

0-60 5.3 seconds

1/4 mile 14.1@94.6 mph

Syclone (Autoweek)

0-60 5.2 seconds

1/4 mile 14.2 @ 97 mph

1991 Corvette ZR1 (Car and Driver)

0-60 4.9 seconds

1/4 mile 13.2 @ 108 mph

For more ZR-1 magazine test #'s, go to this site. The 1991 listed above is actually slower than most of the earlier ones listed!

http://www.zr1.net/ZR1_performance.html

For more Syclone magazine test #'s, go to this site.

http://www.sportmachines.com/media.php

Tim

Syclone Comparison

MODEL 0-60MPH

(sec.)

¼-MILE

(sec./mph)

CHEVROLET CORVETTE ZR-1 4.7 13.1/110.0

GMC SYCLONE 4.9 13.6/ 98.6

CHEVROLET CORVETTE L98 COUPE 5.3 13.9/ 99.0

ACURA NSX 5.4 14.2/ 95.8

PORSCHE CARRERA 4 5.5 13.9/100.4