400hp 3.4dohc.... RIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sonyman87

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aaron

• 91GranSport

• turbostewhite

• Bolt_Crank

Guest TurboSedan

yeah that's pretty crazy. did the 3.4 DOHC really have a forged crank and rods....and pistons?!?!?! why would anyone replace a Multi Port Fuel Injection system with a 4-barrel carburetor (ancient gas guzzling technology)? or coil packs for an HEI? i guess it's more intended for a custom swap into an older vehicle so as to not fuss around with the engine management system or wiring harnesses, but still....i'd rather go with a modified chip! 400HP my ass :lol:

joshua

Guest TurboSedan

I think someone has taken a few to many pills. what do you think?

yeah, i took a little too much clonazepam & a little oxycodone tonight....oh wait.....you're talking about the crazy guy with the carbed DOHC manifold d'oh! :lol: :lol: :lol: :fruity: :fruity: :fruity:

im sure it can make 400 hp, just not NA with a carb and HEI. haha, what a joke. I bet it does make more than stock though with the shorter runner length. Not gonna help low end but I can see it kickin ass at 7000.

385 horsepower out of the VVT 3.4 experimental motor, it was detuned/redesigned to make 215HP so trannys didnt blow. but the 3.4 gm released is NOT the same 3.4 as the 385 HP motor.

twisting the truth is fun =)

-Jeff

a 285hp Lumina would slap a 285hp corvette, and face it, GM didnt want a Lumina to bitch slap its pride and joy corvette.

Well thats if you can find a vet with only 285hp even then its not lickey... i would still rather have a zo6 VET!!! they are so sweet. and stock vet has more potential then the lumina somwhere like 400hp stock!

Dream car!!!

I ONE DAY will have a Twin Turbo VETT!!! :flip: :rocking: :cheers:

research, is that what you call it when you say it ever had 285 hp? Maybe it had 600 hp and it was detuned to pass emissions, and then detuned to save the auto trans, then detuned to save face for the corvetter, then detuned to remove vvt, then detuned to remove the 2 stage intake, and the headers were removed in place of logs.

Or maybe no one here knows and its all heresay bullshit. Ill stick with heresay bullshit cause it doesn't matter...again. Post # 471 about the DOHC hp rating before release.

A twin turbo C5 would probably be too much for anyone to handle unless they have some serious experience with ultra-high performance cars. Some serious schooling at Skip Barber or Bob Bondurant would definitely help.

I've driven a stock Z06 (405HP, not the 385HP) and it was a monster on the road. I prefer the targa-top C5 (I've driven one of those two) with the 6-speed manual and all the fancy goodies, rather than the Z06. The Z06 is too harsh on the pavement. Either way, the C5 is a wonderful car. I can't wait to see what the C6 will look like!

Well thats if you can find a vet with only 285hp even then its not lickey... i would still rather have a zo6 VET!!! they are so sweet. and stock vet has more potential then the lumina somwhere like 400hp stock!

Dream car!!!

A twin turbo C5 would probably be too much for anyone to handle unless they have some serious experience with ultra-high performance cars. Some serious schooling at Skip Barber or Bob Bondurant would definitely help.

I've driven a stock Z06 (405HP, not the 385HP) and it was a monster on the road. I prefer the targa-top C5 (I've driven one of those two) with the 6-speed manual and all the fancy goodies, rather than the Z06. The Z06 is too harsh on the pavement. Either way, the C5 is a wonderful car. I can't wait to see what the C6 will look like!

Dream car!!!

Aaron wasn't talking about a brand new Z06 having 285 hp guys. He was talking about the L98 motor'd vette's that were around when the Lumina came out. Even so, I think they had 245 in L98 form.

the LT1 vetts only had 285 wounderful ponies under the hood, but if the lumina also had 285 hp, the corvette would still win. come on, seriously, a lighter, wide-tired, low profile corvette could spank a lumina. think about it.

then how can i beat a 285hp LT1 automatic camaro??? and dont blame it on gears, and yes, this is from a rolling start.

FWD doesnt lose nearly the power as RWD, and remember, those corvettes were shifting at 5500 for the L98, 5800 for the LT1, and thats redlien for the sticks. so set that back a couple hundred for the auto. and since i was running to 7200, that gives me a HUGE advantage.