• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Q-Ball

• CSI_MuNkY

• GOT2B GM

• Brian P

Thanks guys, yeah I noticed the front plate and wasnt pleased about it, but its getting a lot more work than what I am paying for, so I cant really complain. Kinda sad this is my winter beater. :lol:

Kinda sad this is my winter beater. :lol:

Exactly what I was thinking! I think you need to change that

Yeah, if I had a garage things would be a lot different. But I will never get one where I am living now. I have the room, I just dont plan on staying here forever. 4-5 years and off to another house hopefully.

Why would this be your winter beater? you have 3 POS Grand Prix's rotting away in your driveway

Jamie

1st gens suck in winter. Plus the fact that my grand prix always had frost on the inside of the windshield drove me crazy. The glass needs to be pulled out and re sealed apparently. Door latches freeze, head lights suck, the list goes on. :lol: The GP's will get some more attention in spring. House is coming along nicely and still waiting on Ryan for cabinet and a vanity. :redface:

I also talked to my uncle and he said if I really want the plate off, we can take it off, but the bumper will have to be repainted. :sad: That was 1 of the 3 things I didnt like. But I cant be too picky for paying around $1300, but I still am. :willynilly:

you are getting a hell of a deal!

Yep, 1000 bucks for body work and paint. The only extra so far are a new gas door cover from the dealer, $84 and $80 worth of clips and tax on that too.

Oh, I also got my 04+ Grand Prix Exhaust today too! :cool: Maybe I'll take a quick pic tomorrow.

Thanks guys, and yeah I did some researching and the front plates are indeed riveted on from stock. As for the winters, I have all my winter tires on steelies balanced and ready to go. :high5: I should be getting the car tomorrow after work! I'll let you know what goes down.

Well she is finally home. My new camera hasnt arrived yet, so I had to borrow my brothers. The exhaust on a 04+ GP is a tiny bit wider as you can see with my cut outs. The exhaust will be on soon.

102_0279.jpg

102_0280.jpg

102_0281.jpg

102_0282.jpg

102_0283.jpg

102_0284.jpg

102_0285.jpg

102_0286.jpg

102_0287.jpg

102_0288.jpg

102_0289.jpg

102_0290.jpg

102_0291.jpg

102_0292.jpg

102_0293.jpg

102_0294.jpg

Here's the exhaust from the 06 GP GT.

102_0310.jpg

102_0311.jpg

Let me know what you think guys! It was washed yesterday and is already dirty. It is has already been oil sprayed, but also getting it in all the panels next week. I'm so happy to have her back. As for all the hardwork, I've always been bringing in Tim Hortons coffee, donuts, tim bits to make the workers happy. Grand Total for everything was $1333. Clips were $100, and gas door cover from the dealer was $80.

I did finally get my new camera and will be taking new pics tomorrow with it. :cool:

shame that it's a beater! Tint and some black x-laces (can't believe i said that) and that car would be TITS!

hahah i know, but I will take care of her. Its worlds better than my grand prix in the winter.

badass!

thanks man, your car was the car to make me want a regal in the first place! Come here and I'll try and get you hooked up with a paint job too. :lol:

I'm also seeing an exhaust shop tomorrow after work to setup a date for the dually install. :biggrin:

Do yourself a favour and DON'T drive that in the winter if you want the bodywork to last. TRUST ME.

QFT!

almost the most truthful statement in this whole thread...

2nd only to this

You are crazy to drive that in the winter... :lol:

Matt speaks the truth, his old Z34 is a prime example, and he spent WAY more than you on getting paint and body work done, and when he got rid of it there were rust bubbles popping up. Paint is only a few years old at this point and that car is currently back in the body shop getting a full repaint!

I give that paint job 1 maybe (if your lucky) 2 winters, tops before there is rust showing through.

Oh, and that metal flake paint will be costly to match and touch up when the rust comes back through... and it will if you drive it in the winter... Unless your moving to Alberta and just forgot to mention that...

Jamie