Rock Auto Struts, Subframe mounts; CHEAP!

5speedz34

Andrei, the fronts are identical and the rears are identical. It looks like you buy each corner as a set. This is very nice because prior to these being made they had to be bought piece by piece at the dealer and it was close to $200.

Sweet! That's excellent news for me. My current rear subframe bushings are original, so replacing those should be nice. I'll order them up. Thanks!

Andrei, the fronts are identical and the rears are identical. It looks like you buy each corner as a set. This is very nice because prior to these being made they had to be bought piece by piece at the dealer and it was close to $200.

Yeah i was surprised that they had mounts on rock auto since the only place i ever found them was through the dealer. Being an internet dweller, I got them through gmpartsdirect.com at $120 for the whole set (and I think I omitted some of the metal parts that were still good) and was told that I overpaid for them.

I went to the dealer today to find out more about frame bushings...

IT IS TRUE!!!! There is an FE3 optioin on the front bushings from 95-97 on CSs... :willynilly:

but yes, you can get a set of rockauto bushings, no problem.

Just ordered the rear bushings!!! Wooo!!!

Going to be doing those, the lateral link bushings, and replacing the spring in the rear. Getting it ready for another cross-country 2200 miles! :biggrin:

Where did you source the lateral link bushings? Also aren't they pressed in?

Off of rockauto.com as well.

They are pressed in, so I'll either buy myself an arbor press for $50 off ebay, or pay a cheap shop to do it for me.

Ya I saw them on rockauto after you posted that. If they are cheap enough fro GMPD I would consider replacing the whole assembly.

Where did you source the lateral link bushings? Also aren't they pressed in?

The ES bushings for my 2nd gen lateral arms were a two piece, but I had to melt and press out the old bushings using my bench vise.

Also when I ordered my rear KYBs a few months ago they were that price and were still labeled as GR2s

I went to the dealer today to find out more about frame bushings...

IT IS TRUE!!!! There is an FE3 optioin on the front bushings from 95-97 on CSs... :willynilly:

but yes, you can get a set of rockauto bushings, no problem.

I told you!!!! All Ws had an option as far as heavy duty suspesion or granny type.. Just earlier FE3 (or labeled F41 as well) are discontinued so 88-94 guys are stuck with soft ride crap (or they could just order 95-97 Gen 1 and 97+ Gen 1.5)

Gen 1.5 cars the bushings are listed as FE3 or F41. 95-97 Gen 1 cars are labeled FE3. Fronts only. The rears make no difference

And I own you all!!! I only paid $6.23/ea for my FE3 front bushings from the dealer. I get a fat discount.

DAMN! The 'vert needs rear shocks bad... maybe I should take advantage of this...

yes. and get new strut mounts!

After what happened with the '95 and the strut popping out of the mount, I will do them every single time.

• 2 weeks later...

well recieved my kyb's and upper mounts from rockauto today.. opened the box right away with no delays and come to find out the kyb boxes were taped shut and one strut is missing the hardware.. called rock auto instantly and just got off the phone with them and they basically said go f urself.. telling me buy the hardware locally and give them a reciept showing them how much and they will reimburst me.. well they dont sell the hardware seperately.. dumbass's.. so now for one strut i have to use the stock hardware.. :sad: Bummer my first experience with rockauto and i got burned..

you didn't bitch loud enough. I would call back, demand to speak to a manager, and be sure to mention how much business they'll lose from us as you'll share your experience with everyone.