Rock Auto Struts, Subframe mounts; CHEAP!

5speedz34

Anyone notice KYB's have dropped in price? $45 for rears and $35 for fronts! Did they change the quality when they became Excel G's?

Also there is a listing for front and rear subframe mounts. Made by Dorman look legit.

I think this link will work: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/emailpagetofriend.php?ni=340

$21 for the fronts and $23 for the rears!

Link doesn't work, so whatever.

You know, I noticed the price drop in parts as well. Just a bit ago, I was pricing struts for Adam's Aurora. No more than a few weeks later, they were way back down.

EDIT: Damn, the Wholesaler/Closeout on the front GR-2's is $28.xx each, ordered!! The Regal needs shocks and struts bad, and thats just too good of a price to pass up.

Just go to http://www.rockauto.com

Look up your car.

Hit the + sign right beside Suspension

Hit the thing that says Struts

And there you go. Some of them have drop down boxes, so you have two choices on price (Normal, or Wholesale/Closeout that only carries a 30 day warranty).

KYB doesn't make them anymore? WTF

Who said that?

They probably have a bunch of old stock (badged GR-2 instead of Comp G), or got hold of a bunch of old stock at a cheap price, and are pushing it through at a cheaper price with a limited warranty.

KYB GR-2's were called Excel G's everywhere in the world but the US. They finally decided to quit making different badges for the same product, save some money, and call them Excel G's.

Ah. that makes me less nervous. i hadn't planned on doing struts on the gp till this winter. i didn't want to have to buy them right now. at least they'll still be around.

Buck, I just paid ~$60 each IIRC for two front struts for the Aurora.....they are similar in size to W struts so I'd say they should be the same price.

check car-stuff.com....they had the best prices at the time....3 weeks ago.

I just got rears a few weeks ago from rockauto, they're still labeled GR-2s

same here, last set we ordered, the fronts came as Excell Gs and the rears were still GR2s. My guess is a large backstock of rear struts.

damn i would pick some of these up, but i have no money. the cutlass needs suspension bad at only 73000 miles :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly:

That's a lot of bushings. 8 bushings at $21 each adds up real fast.

I'm looking to do the rear. The fronts aren't that old as I had the subframe replaced at 140k due to an accident where I hit the rim on a curb at a 45 degree angle at 15mph in snow.

However, Rockauto only lists 2 types of bushings; ones for front and ones for rear.

Front:

924-004.jpg

Rear:

924-005.jpg

Are all of the rear bushings identical?

if everything is inlcuded like is shown in the pic, you need 2 of the rear, so $40 for rear bushings.

too bad you dont need the front. i have a brand new set.

Andrei, the fronts are identical and the rears are identical. It looks like you buy each corner as a set. This is very nice because prior to these being made they had to be bought piece by piece at the dealer and it was close to $200.