Timken wheel hubs from RockAuto

W30post

also tells you how good my buddy listens to me when I am the one paying him to do side jobs for me.

I found out the torque specs and told him. when GutlessSupreme posted the 184 ft/lbs earlier on the other thread, but he somehow conned me into thinking that it was ok to just use an impact since the torque wrench didn't go that high. just because he did it that way at his old job.

then after we got it all back together he caves in the oil pan with the jack and since I paid him the cash already for helping me, he hasn't been back to help make it right.

I know, good friend I got there. but we have been friends for over 10 years, and I can't get too mad about it.

... so I called him up and explained my concern. he told me that his impact (snap-on) has 3 settings and he just sets it for the general range for the max torque to not exceed that spec. the highest setting does 300 something and it wasn't set that high. let's hope so.

he said if I got or borrowed a 3/4" drive torque wrench and socket, some of them go up to 200 ft/lbs.

and sorry for dragging this off topic.

I guess we'll see if TQ specs make a difference....

I had no idea there were tq specs and when I put my motor, trans, and everything back on the GP a few months ago, I just tightened the axle nuts down w/ my dads 500ft/lb 3/4" gun...

whoops....I guess i'll see how long they last

What do you have for a car and which hubs do you want?

Also I know a lot of people on here have gotten parts from rockauto but be very careful when you find a place online that is too cheap. My buddy called one day and he's like omg i found this place to buy window regulators so frickin cheap....fast forward to two weeks later and the place charged $4,900 worth of crap to his dad's credit card.

I have an 04 Monte Carlo SS, I wanted Timken for the reputation that follows them. Haven't had a problem from Rockauto yet and they shipped this order correctly also.

As for the torque specification for my year from the GM service pages available to the technicians today, 118 ft/lb on the nut and 96 ft/lb on the hub to strut bolts.

Time to change these out now.