'94+ rear caliper bracket torque spec?

GutlessSupreme

Make sure to check your torque wrench!!! I bumped the setting to a few ft/lbs too high on the rears and I broke the slider bolt. Drilling that out was not fun.

Make sure to check your torque wrench!!! I bumped the setting to a few ft/lbs too high on the rears and I broke the slider bolt. Drilling that out was not fun.

I had two of those break inside the caliper bracket from being seized up. That was a BITCH. 30 minute job turned into a 4 hour job.

I had two of those break inside the caliper bracket from being seized up. That was a BITCH. 30 minute job turned into a 4 hour job.

I've broken my share of them also. They seize pretty often, even on cars here in the Southeast with no rust at all. I cake those threads with antiseize when doing a break job on them. I also put a ton of lube on those sleeves as they like to corrode. Just about every one I work on that hasn't had a brake job in a few years has dry sleeves.

You said LUBE. :lol:

I think those fasteners should be coated with threadlock instead. I had a freaky experience where I did use antisieze and tightened everything.... I later scrapped that car and pulled all the new hardware off and it was all so loose so I didn't have to use tools. :redface: :eek: :evil: