What could it be?

kuntzie

2002 grand am

Theft loc radio

The car got a boost and now the radio doesn't work..

I'm not an idiot and I know how to obtain the codes , all the fuses are good, but the display / unit won't

light up

Anything else it could be? I haven't seen it in peson yet but I'm heading there now.. It's my sisters friends car

If its not the theft lock thats locking it up then check for power behind the radio. Should be a orange constant wire, ignition power will probably not be there cuz im pretty sure this car gets it through data.

If your not getting power then double check the fuses and try running a lead from the ignition switch over to the orange wire. If the unit is getting power and still isnt turning on it probably fucked.

the code for each vehicle anti theft loc is different so unless you have the original then it will cost you about $100 to have it recoded, if that's the problem, like has already been mentioned check fuses again and not just radio fuses. seriously doubt a wiring issue. is the theft loc light on?

this is a monsoon deck with the cd and tape player, the bottom buttons and the red around the tape deck light up but nothing else does... all the fuses are good, i think im just going to install an aftermarket deck if i cant fix it

this is a monsoon deck with the cd and tape player, the bottom buttons and the red around the tape deck light up but nothing else does... all the fuses are good, i think im just going to install an aftermarket deck if i cant fix it

Sounds like something internally in the radio then cuz its obviously getting power. The display and shit will light up if its in locked mode you just cant do anything with the unit.