wax question

jake91

i was at autozone today, and i was looking at waxes, and i started wondering about those wax as you dry products. i was wondering have any of you used these, and what did you think of them.

They don't do a whole lot. If your car has nice paint and you have a good coat of wax on it, all it will do it help with the waterspots and leave a bit of a shine (it's got some sort of wax it in). I like to add some vinegar to a bucket of water when I ring out the chammois, that seems to work as well and is basically free. Using a quick detailer after you wash (when the car is dry) is always nice if you want to have the best finished look.

thanks. yeah i wax my car once a month, and i wanted something for in between. plus we have very hard water out here. so it leaves bad waterspots.

I think all those quick sprays are more or less useless junk, and just present an opportunity to induce more scratches and swirls into your paint by rubbing it out again in an unnecessary step.

Dry the car with some microfibres and be done with it. If the paint is properly cared for otherwise, that will be all it needs to look good.

Quick detailer spray (not the greasy "as you dry" stuff) works great, and is nice to use after you are done waxing your car to get rid of any dust. I'm not that picky to use it after I wash... if my car isn't shiney enough then it's probably time for wax. Just make sure to dry it in the shade and you should be good.

thanks i just went out and picked up some of that detail spray today. as for dust. i have one of those california dusters so im set with that.

after three days out here you car gets so much dirt on it. that when you look at you hood while driving. you only see brown, and not the paint lol