Just how often do you give your W WOT?

Night Fury

Wide Open Throttle... Pedal to the floor!

ohhh k thanks. lets see mornings are too cold and I'm half awake so i don't want to push it. coming home is i different story once i get her nice and warm usually floor it going into the highway. so I'm going to say 2-3 weekly

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• jake91

• stevegasm

• ZoomZoomFan

At least once per drive in the winter when possible. I only do it when the roads are dry, but I love listening to the 3800 really open up.

I also like how my car's have shifted at WOT.

My dad's Ford's in the past have shifted really violently when around 5500-6000 RPM.

Never do. I'm afraid that when the pedal hits the floor and is held too long, it will activate "Self-destruct" mode.

But seriously, once in a great while. I agree that it helps to "clean it out", but I just feel bad mostly, so I try to be nice. My WOT in most cases, is in actuality, about 3/4 throttle.

When my 94 cutlass was in good shape, I was in Rochester, MN partying with a bunch of friends. I had my friend be the DD for the night while I rode shotgun. He normally babied it as he respects other people's car, especially one as nice as my cutlass was (IIRC it was still under 100k). I was trashed, and when we turned onto another highway with no traffic, I told him that he had to hammer on it and feel the power of the mighty Cutlass :lol:. I instructed him to baby it to about 27-28 mph, then floor it to 70. That was about the most intense kickdown it did, he did, and said, "WOW!, I wish I had a car this nice." :lol: at about 28, it would drop into first gear and pull very hard, keep it to the floor and it would hold 2nd until almost 70, of course, all of you people with 3100's should know this :burnout:

The 96 Cutlass for some reason had quite a bit more power than the 94, I could never figure that out. I've driven tons of 3100 cars, and this one was noticably quicker. Anthony bought the 96 from me, and also agreed that it strangely had a lot of power for a 3100.

WOT, well, pretty much everytime. sucks. especially since i usually dont go anywhere, the last time i didnt drive outside of the old college town, i recorded 14 mpg :twisted: it was fun.