Looking for lower intercooler pipe!

90TGP

Guest TurboSedan

i'm holding one in my hands right now and it looks like it would be very easy to duplicate. all it is is a pipe with two 90' mandrel bends in it. i have one for sale, but i'm going to try to sell it with my extra TGP radiator, intercooler, fans, fan brackets, pigtails, radiator mounting panel, and upper intercooler pipe with all flex hoses. intersested? :P you might be able to talk me into selling the TGP intercooler and both pipes tho without the radiator and fan stuff....

btw, where did you mount your DSM BOV? i have one also and i'm probably putting it on the lower pipe like Eclipse5302 did.

joshua

Guest TurboSedan
I put it on the same place, lower pipe. I think my DSM BOV is leaking boost, so I just want to go with an aftermarket BOV.

ok ok i know i'm going off on turbo dodge stuff lately, but

i'm driving iTurbo's Shelby Lancer 'till my CS or GTS is back up and running. anyway, his Shelby has a 1g DSM BOV also and it is loud as fuck. i can even hear it venting boost when i let off the throttle but not completely (the throttle blade isn't completely shut). so i have been wondering the same thing....maybe it's leaking boost or it's supposed to sound like that? it doesn't have a boost/vac guage installed right now but that would help. what makes you think your DSM BOV is leaking boost? just curious cuz that's what i'll be using on both of my cars. maybe you could just get another DSM BOV for cheap from a salvage yard and bolt it up to the flange on the pipe & maybe rule out the problem. good luck finding a TGP lower IC pipe by itself for sale, but still, you could make one or have one made easily IMO.

joshua

I'm supposed to have the topgun 180 chip in my car right now. But my autometer boost gauge says I'm only running 7psi [with the bov, 5psi w/o]. So I just want to go with an aftermarket bov, which I should have done in the first place. I also have to have my fuel pressure checked.

Guest TurboSedan

cool man, good luck. let us know if it fixes the problem. i have always heard 1g DSM BOV's were the shit (all metal construction) but maybe i should use a new aftermarket BOV too. $$ will make my mind up tho.....i got my 1g DSM BOV for $5 bucks at a salvage yard!

joshua

My fuel pressure is fine. I'm getting spark [bought one of those plug wire testers from autozone]. Ordered a new K&N filter, should get it next Friday.

I still have to test if my wastegate is letting me overboost. I know when I first got my cross-x pipe installed, I had a worn wastegate line, so I would overboost. Had the line replaced, and it fixed it.

I can't really floor my car right now because it has a tank of bad gas.

It's really pissing me off. TGP's really are a love/hate relationship.

If I overboost and get the aftermarket bov, and it still doesn't reach 11psi, I would be right that I got the wrong chip by accident.