2 kicker 15s in 1993 regal?

djmaccity

yes, but you lose a lot of trunk space.

no kidding. 2 15's are overkill too, why not just 1 ?

He wants to blow off his trunklid

you don't need 15's to blow the trunklid, you can do that with 10's or even 8's.

i will be installing a 15 or a 12 ,but I need very low end bass. I hope that is what he is looking for and not just

loud bass.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to have 2 Pioneer IMPP DVC 15's in my 94 CS then switched to one DVC Kicker Comp VR 15", the Pioneers actually had a lot lower range than the kicker, (IMPP's went down to 15hz) but the kicker was louder, I'm now running the Kicker with 1200 watts in my Z24, wanna talk about taking up trunk space, my Z24 has no more trunk :lol: I have enough room to put a jug of washer fluid next to the box, and about a foot of space behind the flip down seats.

I used to run only 200 watts each to the Pioneer's, and with my bass mechanic cd, I would run a low frequency pulse, and the trunklid on my cutlass would move up and down over 1/2 inch, it was crazy.

I love 15" subs, the space you'll lose is worth it with the deep bass a 15" sub will give you, can't beat it IMO. I was actually suprised with the quality of the IMPP's. They sounded very nice in a dual sealed box. I never ran them past 200 watts each, yet they can handle 700 a piece.

• 4 weeks later...

2 15"s? Wow, hope you got some serious mids and highs to keep up with that much low end. Or you gonna run all stocks except a giant amp and the 2 subs? Running that much bass you better be lookin at around 26" cone area of mids and a couple sets of highs. Couple hundred dollars in cabling. You can do it cheaper but the sound just won't be there. Gonna take alot to keep up with 2 15's running right!

When I ran my 2 15's, I was also running Infinity Kappa 3-way 6x9's using the front channels on the 800 watt 4 channel amp with the high pass filter. I also had some Eclipse speakers in the dash, but the Infinity's overpowered them and you couldn't hear them, so I usually faded it to the back. It was an old school LA Sound amp that I bought for cheap and thought was junk, but that amp really blew me away with it's performance. It also had a low pass on the rear channels and a high pass on the fronts. I can't remember exactly how I had the subs wired up (PIO IMPP's were both DVC 15's), but the subs ran great on the rears with 200 watts a piece, and running the Infinity's with 200 each. I'm pretty sure they were running in series, but I can't remember how each sub was wired, I just rmember running the - from one to the + on the other. It actually sounded amazing. I also had an Advent 16 band EQ hooked up for awhile, but it developed some noise issues after a few months that swapping out cables and adding filters couldn't get rid of, so I ditched it.

You'll definately want some good mids and highs with that much bass. My Kicker Comp VR 15 came from a system that was one of the loudest I've heard, that Comp VR and another identical one running about 1200 watts each in a 97 GAGT, it would blow people's hair back if they stuck their head in the window, the kid owed me money, so we settled on one of the subs.

What type of kicker are you getting? I love my 15" Comp VR, it's great. This is the era of CVR I have:

kicker_compvr.jpg

03cvr84.jpg

3136869_7_full.jpg