• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• gpchris

• AWeb80

• CSI_MuNkY

I just noticed that I gave the price $170 for camber plates. I get $20 extra a side for camber adjustablity. Sorry bout that guys. So your looking at $190-210 for a set. I can probably work a deal on these and get you the best price possible, I just need to know that there are 5 people ready. Also shipping to Canada is not free, $20 extra.

1 - 1LoudCutty (1 set)

2 - gpchris (1 set)

3 - 98montels (1 set)

These will have spring mounts for adjustable coilovers right?

Same here as long as I can adapt the coilovers the same as if It where a stock strut mount and all then im good. Oh yea can't forget your STB.

Heres basically what we need

249501858_USa88-M.jpg

There really just needs to be 3 parts to this

1. Upper plate, the part that mounts to the unibody and has slotted holes for #2

2. Lower plate, the part that blolts to both the strut and #1

3. Coilover Mount

Oh the design is not the difficult, I just need pics of the front and dimensions so that I can make them fit the CO versions. The NON CO I can take care of casue I dont have CO so i can use my car.

Oh the design is not the difficult, I just need pics of the front and dimensions so that I can make them fit the CO versions. The NON CO I can take care of casue I dont have CO so i can use my car.

I have the factory strut mounts if you want them.

I say you just make 2 different types of spring mounts. Make one for the larger factory springs and another for the smaller aftermarket coiloversprings.

Really the only dimension you would need is the inside diameter of the springs, which COULD very based on what springs everyone has... I won't be able to measure mine till the spring, its buried in 4 feet of snow right now.

Jamie

• 1 month later...

So your still going to be doing these??

Ive been working on doing them, but its still gonna be a month or so before I get a completed set made from my templetes. If you can get them done in that timeframe, I will just save myself the hassle and get a set off you.

I dunno about dead, but 1loudcutty is working on designing some and he's just going to be offering a few sets for sale and I do believe he intends to make the design available so people can make their own...

What are you looking at charging for ones that are coil over compatible and how soon are you looking at having them available?

Jamie

• 4 weeks later...

Last year I did a rear coilover conversion replaced the springs all around with a ride height adjustable setup and I custom made my own front camber plates. Was pretty easy to manufacture with access to a mill. If interested I can post pictures and send my 3d cad model of the spring mount and camber plate. For a top bearing I used this bearing 2459K13 from mcmaster.com

Last year I did a rear coilover conversion replaced the springs all around with a ride height adjustable setup and I custom made my own front camber plates. Was pretty easy to manufacture with access to a mill. If interested I can post pictures and send my 3d cad model of the spring mount and camber plate. For a top bearing I used this bearing 2459K13 from mcmaster.com

While that does seem like it will work, the spherical bearings by nature are a little more appropriate for this application, and the NHBB bearings even cost less

I already have a design done in SolidWorks, just waiting on my neighbor to talk to his dad about him making them (he runs a machine shop)