• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• gpchris

• AWeb80

• CSI_MuNkY

LOL, wow this took off. Yeah 2 more and I can get started on some. If there is a differnce between the CO and NON Co I will need lots of pics and dimensions for the CO's as I dont have them.

LOL, wow this took off. Yeah 2 more and I can get started on some. If there is a differnce between the CO and NON Co I will need lots of pics and dimensions for the CO's as I dont have them.

For under $200 for a pretty vital part that will make a word of difference, oh yeah!! I saw it taking off really quick too..

I would have to look at the design, but yeah pretty much. THey would have a spherical bearing lined with PTFE in the top mounts. I would have to go over the design. It would get rid of that big rubber thing, but keep the spring isolater.

If that's the case then that would move the struts mounting point up about an inch.

A coilover spring add on would be easy to do, you just need something to go on the strut shaft (preferably it would be held up to the top of the strut tower) and it would have to be contoured so that the spring can go around it, or sit in it...

The Held upper spring mounts bolt on to the stock mounting "hat" and then the spring goes inside the mount..

on the floor

CIMG2369.jpg

on the car

CIMG2375.jpg

Jamie

I would have to look at the design, but yeah pretty much. THey would have a spherical bearing lined with PTFE in the top mounts. I would have to go over the design. It would get rid of that big rubber thing, but keep the spring isolater.

I would just want flat mounts because I will be using a spacer right off the spherical bearing with an upper spring perch to keep the spring parallel with the strut rod...

And moving the strut mounting point up above will have a benifit. You can effectively lower the car a bit without loosing strut travel..

That big stupid rubber bushing that GM calls an upper mount is a huge problem with our front suspensions and sloppy response..

K, let me come up with something. WE have 2 more people? Also what is that white cover on the springs?

Held's sorry excuse for an upper spring perch

You say sorry excuse, but it works, no issues thus far and I have run the shit out of that suspension set up.

And its probably safer than half of these DIY coil over kits some people attempt

It is machined out of solid plastic, mounts to the stock mounting hat, has a bearing for the spring to sit on and the spring is seated inside by about 1.5"

Jamie

I Want More Camber. maybe the poly control arm mod with these will help with tire roll-over.

Now your thinking! With that setup you might just be able to hit the gas out of a turn without wicked understeer!

eh, adjustable camber plates are more for cars that go back and forth from one setting to the other. Otherwise, it would be much more cost effective to modify your stut towers once and be done with it.

eh, adjustable camber plates are more for cars that go back and forth from one setting to the other. Otherwise, it would be much more cost effective to modify your stut towers once and be done with it.

True but in a poor ass w-body owning community its cheaper to make a part that works with any setup.

Not to mention the trial and error of finding the right spot for you... modifying the strut tower your pretty much stuck with your first attempt, but with these plates you could tinker with it to find that sweet spot.

Mark, whats your time line on these? I MAY be interested...

Jamie

Not to mention the trial and error of finding the right spot for you... modifying the strut tower your pretty much stuck with your first attempt, but with these plates you could tinker with it to find that sweet spot.

Mark, whats your time line on these? I MAY be interested...

Jamie

So whats the difference between slotting the strut towers and and having slots on the adjustable camber plates aside from the expense and the bling factor?

P.S. dohcv6 to really push the bling factor, you should polish these. you could probably charge like $50 more per set if these are polished!!!

Do these work with your front strut tower bar?

Have you looked under the hood of a w-body lately? It would require a lot more than just slotting the strut towers, you would have to make up new mounts to boot. Also, as 1Loudcutty and I pointed out, these camber plates would take into account the strut travel issue on lowered cars...

Jamie

It would require a lot more than just slotting the strut towers, you would have to make up new mounts to boot. Also, as 1Loudcutty and I pointed out, these camber plates would take into account the strut travel issue on lowered cars...

Jamie

Why do you need new mounts with slotted strut towers?

And by strut travel on lowered cars, do you mean the reduced stroke of the strut itself? How do camber plates (which are meant to adjust the camber angle of the wheel) account for that? I didnt see if the camber plates would lower the car by means of raising the shock/spring mounting locations. as far as I know they don't and thats the only thing that would take into account the travel of the shock, correct me if i am wrong. If these plates do do that, then I'd imagine that the people on lowering springs up front would want to swap their springs back out with stock springs and those on coilovers would merely have to jack the front up a little bit.

I can have a sketch up and a test piece waterjetted by the beginning of next week. They would work with the front STB but you would have to order that on top. I will get soemthing up. Do you have 5yet?