weird steering noise

jake91

When i turn the wheels to the right around 10 mph you car feel a vibration in the steering, and you can also hear it vibrating. I was wondering what this could be caused by or if it is common in these cars and is nothing

You're going to need to do some checkIng while someone turns the wheel for you. It could be anything realy. Here is the order I would check things... tierod ends, inner tierods, ball joints, strut bearing plate, cv shaft, upper strut mount, strut shaft, steering gear.

it seems to have been a power issue because when i fixed my abs problem by cleaning the corrosion off thee battery cables i gained 2 volts and the noise went away

Hey, my dad's '91 Maxima has a sort of similar problem. On sharper turns at lower speeds (maybe all speeds, but we don't turn sharply at high speeds, lol) there is a sound reminiscent of plastic flapping around or something, as if the tire was causing some plastic to skip along the tire or wheel. I've heard it on rare occasions on other cars. Any ideas?

Hey, my dad's '91 Maxima has a sort of similar problem. On sharper turns at lower speeds (maybe all speeds, but we don't turn sharply at high speeds, lol) there is a sound reminiscent of plastic flapping around or something, as if the tire was causing some plastic to skip along the tire or wheel. I've heard it on rare occasions on other cars. Any ideas?

Inner fender coming loose? I'd check the simple stuff like that first.

Here's a quick clip of my dad's steering noise. Listen for it once I turn. I had my brother holding the camera (who didn't want to because he was in the middle of playing Fable 2...psh). Anyway, listen closely and you'll hear a rattle-like sound. It only happens on turning though.

th_Maximasteeringnoise.jpg