My brakes are frozen

celebrityfest

damn rear calipers frozen and i work at a shop....and cant fixed them yet because im trying to find some aftermaket ones or something to stop the cailpers from freezing up.

what is the cheapest price or best brand?

Even the replacements from the parts store have the updated sliders so that they will not freeze up again.

I beg to differ... before I put 94+ rear brakes, I put on 5 RR and 4 LR calipers because of the sliders freezing up (life time warranty). Problem is, the sliders have a coating on them that gets chewed off when the bore in the caliper starts to get corrosion. Then the sliders and the bores corrode together and its game over. You could have a slider made out of the best corrosion resistant material known to man, but the bores in the caliper are the same old machined cast iron. The best grease in theworld can't stop those things from eventually freezing. Only way to truely fix it for good is to upgrade to 94+... otherwise you will just need to deal with it.

Even the replacements from the parts store have the updated sliders so that they will not freeze up again.

I beg to differ...

I must as well. Supposedly some remans. are "corrected" or something, but my reman. caliper on my Cutlass is frozen again after maybe 2 years (pass. side is fine though, don't think it's ever frozen. weird).

When I had the Olds, whenever I did rear brakes I just replaced the whole units buying pre-loaded calipers and pads from the parts store.

This design just flat out sucks, simple as that.

Before I finally upgraded to the 94+ rears I honestly probably put 5+ rear calipers on that car PER SIDE.

So either upgrade to the new style or.....

Autozone sells rear calipers for about $35 a side for lifetime warranty calipers. Lifetime pads are $15, and rotors are about $10 a side. I had it down to a science so the most it cost me was $20 in rotors every 8-12 months when they failed.

they are so cheap at autozone and have a lifetime warranty.

They may be cheap, but who really wants to keep doing the job every 6 months.......... Oh yeah thats right, anyone that owns a W-body LOL

I ALREADY STATED what mod must be done to fix them properly.

again... get the NEW AZ ones, take the slides apart removing the exiting grease, and relube using CRC BRAKE SLIDE GREASE. it is MUCH BETTER QUALITY than any other slide grease i have ever seen, it appears to be mixed with antisieze.

however, others in the past have claimed to use antisieze.. don't. use the CRC product.

LOOK:!!!!!!!!!!!!:

http://www.drillspot.com/products/461175/Crc_05359_Synthetic_Brake_Caliper_Grease

297796_300.jpg