• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theoldshedsquad

• meltboy1

• AWeb80

• ManicMechanic

Fan belt wha?

Fan belt - archaic British term for the serpentine belt that drives the PAS pump, alternator, A/C compressor and water pump. Everything, in fact, apart from the fan!

If the car isn't hot when you line it up to go down the track and stick the belt back on at the end of the run, i doubt not having the waterpump hooked up with do any damage.

I would swap out the plugs for 1 heat range colder (short money), leave the knock sensor alone and rig the washer fluid into the throttle bottle, fill it with 50% denatured alky and 50% water. spray it with the nitrous, should be good to run a 100 shot and be able to drive it home. I would also leave the air filter out for the run, last thing you want to see is a lean condition @ full throttle on the bottle.

I didn't see if its an auto or manual, but if its an auto, it wont last long behind the nitrous.

The temp gauge read approximately a quarter before I disconnected the fan belt. Then I spent 10 minutes pushing the car up the fire-up lane, started it 10 seconds before going into stage where it read just under a quarter, and by the end of the run it was up to just over halfway. I stopped in the return road and reconnected the belt. I don't bother with a burnout (wouldn't even if I could!) so the car was basically at idle for 10 seconds then WOT for 16.3 seconds, then at idle for another 10 seconds before having the belt back on. Should be okay. And it wasn't a hot day (late September in England, for God's sake) ...