How rare?

p_ortensie2005

I know there were around 8600 convertibles made in 1994. Of the 8600 how many had 3.4 liter engines in them? Also how many also came with a Heads Up Display? Just wondering other than mine I have only seen one other.

My parts car was an original 3.4 car with HUD. I am working on these figures myself.

I've documented at least 70 cars with HUD, about 60 were 3.4 cars.

1994 was the only year you could get HUD in a convertible.

There are 2 1994 CS convertibles near me with factory HUD. Both Bright Aqua Metallic with graphite interiors.

Maniac if I wanted the HUD to put in my Vert, Would it be prewired? I got the ECC as well as the CD Player and steering wheel controls. Also what about a DIC prewired?

Prewired for HUD, most likely. I say that because my car has ECC and it WAS NOT prewired for HUD. But every other car I have seen with ECC had wiring for HUD.

DIC was not offered after 1991. So no on the DIC. Because your car is a 1994 and OBD 1.5, you need a custom chip for it to show economy info.

Prewired for HUD, most likely. I say that because my car has ECC and it WAS NOT prewired for HUD. But every other car I have seen with ECC had wiring for HUD.

DIC was not offered after 1991. So no on the DIC. Because your car is a 1994 and OBD 1.5, you need a custom chip for it to show economy info.

Where could I get the chip?

you actually saw '91's with DIC's?

I have a 1991 convertible documented that came with a DIC factory.

I've seen several 1991 coupes and sedans with DIC.