my new subs

dirt_igirt

Ooo fancy.Bet that vented box sounds good.

Assuming its built around the subs TS parameters...

My cousin thought you could just drill a hole in a sub box to make it "vented".

I refrained from punching his face in...

How does it sound? I love kicker stuff. I used to have a CVR 15 in a ported box built to the max specs for the sub. close to 5 cu feet and was tuned to damn near 30hz. Man did that thing ever hit the low notes good! Now i have to 12" L5s in a ported box and i love them. You got a real good deal on the stuff to! I believe those are 2006 model year subs.

Nice setup. I got out of the whole "system" trend when my last setup was stolen and now that I have kids sitting in the backseat.

I use the factory deck and then splice the rear channels, most newer amps have a converter that will turn power into just signal, from there into Subs. If the amp doesn't you can just buy hi-lo converters.

This way it doesn't look like there's any junk in the trunk and the steering wheel controls remain in play, I've done it on two cars thus far, and nothing but good results.

You do have a reduction in sound quality going to the subs 5-10% or so, but let's be realistic, when they're driving sound through the back seats, sound quality is not at a premium.

Nice setup. I got out of the whole "system" trend when my last setup was stolen and now that I have kids sitting in the backseat.

I use the factory deck and then splice the rear channels, most newer amps have a converter that will turn power into just signal, from there into Subs. If the amp doesn't you can just buy hi-lo converters.

This way it doesn't look like there's any junk in the trunk and the steering wheel controls remain in play, I've done it on two cars thus far, and nothing but good results.

You do have a reduction in sound quality going to the subs 5-10% or so, but let's be realistic, when they're driving sound through the back seats, sound quality is not at a premium.

We get so many people in my work that go this route because they are to damn cheap to by a aftermarket headunit. I absolutely hate and loathe 95% of factory radios so the FIRST thing i do in any car i own is replace the radio, THEN i do speakers and subs and such.

We get so many people in my work that go this route because they are to damn cheap to by a aftermarket headunit. I absolutely hate and loathe 95% of factory radios so the FIRST thing i do in any car i own is replace the radio, THEN i do speakers and subs and such.

Hmmmmmmm. Im guessing im gonna talk to you about my audio gear since we listen to the same music. :high5:

When I lived in Toronto, I was in Scarborough constantly and aside from the annoyance of replacing car audio, I just don't want some idiot breaking into the car & messing things up, forget about potential insurance ramifications.

All things being equal, if you were to offer me a free head unit (good one) that doesn't have any thing like MP3 in etc., I wouldn't take it, I'd rather have my steering wheel controls, my personal preference.

That being said, the subs get well fed in my car.

i kinda have the same box, except i have two kfc 12inch kenwood subs. With a 1600 watt mtx amp. Im trading to a sealed box, mine hit harder in sealed, but it all depends on the subs what u are loooking to, highs or lows

When I lived in Toronto, I was in Scarborough constantly and aside from the annoyance of replacing car audio, I just don't want some idiot breaking into the car & messing things up, forget about potential insurance ramifications.

All things being equal, if you were to offer me a free head unit (good one) that doesn't have any thing like MP3 in etc., I wouldn't take it, I'd rather have my steering wheel controls, my personal preference.

That being said, the subs get well fed in my car.

Whereabouts did you live in Toronto. I was just downtown there last weekend. My girlfriend lives in Oshawa so im in that area quite a bit.

There are interface pieces available that will let you keep your steering wheel controls with a factory radio. Unfortunately they cost around $80-100 although im sure you can find them cheaper online. Its not worth the money IMO, plus almost all aftermarket radios come with a remote these days.

Whereabouts did you live in Toronto. I was just downtown there last weekend. My girlfriend lives in Oshawa so im in that area quite a bit.

There are interface pieces available that will let you keep your steering wheel controls with a factory radio. Unfortunately they cost around $80-100 although im sure you can find them cheaper online. Its not worth the money IMO, plus almost all aftermarket radios come with a remote these days.

Yonge & 401 and halfway between DVP/Vic Park & York Mills.

Basically North York, but I was constantly in Scarborough.

Where are you from?

Where are you from?

Yea i know exactly where that is. I hate the 401! Traffic was terrible when i went up there friday evening. What kind of crazy place has express lanes that move SLOWER then the regular lanes!!?? :cussing: :willynilly:

I live about 20 miles south of Buffalo NY.

Where are you from?

Yea i know exactly where that is. I hate the 401! Traffic was terrible when i went up there friday evening. What kind of crazy place has express lanes that move SLOWER then the regular lanes!!?? :cussing: :willynilly:

Now that you mention it, I think that I remember you mentioning this in the Ontario meet thread or something.

I spent a court date down in Sheridan (near Sunset Beach or something like that) it's pretty cool if you haven't been (the water stinks) but it's the furthest east end of the Erie and the sun does set in the middle.

I'm usually down in Erie a few times a year to watch hockey, so I'm definitely in the neighbourhood.

October 25th is Kitchener @ Erie, Michigan meet & CN Tower Climb for United Way, and I think that I can only do one of the three. CN Tower Climb is awesome fun, but really hits you later on in the day if you sprint.

Where are you from?

Now that you mention it, I think that I remember you mentioning this in the Ontario meet thread or something.

I spent a court date down in Sheridan (near Sunset Beach or something like that) it's pretty cool if you haven't been (the water stinks) but it's the furthest east end of the Erie and the sun does set in the middle.

I'm usually down in Erie a few times a year to watch hockey, so I'm definitely in the neighbourhood.

October 25th is Kitchener @ Erie, Michigan meet & CN Tower Climb for United Way, and I think that I can only do one of the three. CN Tower Climb is awesome fun, but really hits you later on in the day if you sprint.

I have a few friends that live or have cottages within walking distance from Sunset Beach. If you are down that way again go to Mickey Rats and Captain kids. The bar and beach is way better than sunset.