Zymol

ZoomZoomFan

My car...it shines really well. My g/f used the hood as a mirror one time when I'd already locked the car.

Anyway, it's full of swirl marks and fine little scratches that just depress me every time I detail it.

I bought a bottle of Zymol. I do NOT have a buffer. I can NOT buy a buffer. Repeat: I cannot machine buff my car. I just can't.

So, will a thorough wash and full wax with Zymol help? Is there a special method needed to wax with Zymol?

I used to use zymol but when i started using Tech Wax i stopped using it. For me Zymol was a bitch to get off most of the time. Now, everyone else i know loves the stuff. They say that if you spray a light coat of water on top of it right before you take it off it makes it look much better. I personally never tried this and i don't plan on it.

Kyle

Just as a suggestion if you don't already do this. Pick up some of the new armor all original (Its thick, and not as greasy as the old stuff) I use this and water it down a bit (about 70% AA and 30% water) and spray my wheel well liners with it. It turns them nice and black, but isn't overly greasy so stuff doesn't stick to it as easily. I even use it on my tires now too. IMO, it works much better then any of the other tire shine stuff, as it doesn't leave any greasy or sticky film on the tires. It leaves a kind of satin shine on them. Not necessarily wet looking, but instead makes the tires look brand new. I just spray it on, let it sit for a little bit, then wipe off the excess. I have never had good luck with any of the other tire shines on the market. They either are too greasy, or the don't shine nearly as much as they claim.

This is just for the finishing touches after you wax up your car ;)

I just use buffing pads when I apply it. And like everyone else says, it's just a pain to get off. When I say it's a pain, you just have to work at it a bit harder than most waxes to remove it. But, it seems to last for a good amount of time, and the shine is pretty nice as well.