Do Not buy AC Delco Battery

joey b

After owning my first AC battery for about 1 year, it decided to start vomitting battery acid out the side.

After that was replaced (for free, luckily) 3 years later in the middle of running errands the battery fails to hold a charge and will not start the car. Take it out and charge it overnight to have no power come morning.

Moral of the story... don't buy 'em.

Mines a year and a half old, no problems...

The one in my dads truck is 4 years old, no problems...

The one that was in my mothers Grand Am was 7 years old, no problems...

Moral of the story, you have bad luck...

Jamie

lol i had the one in my beretta for 13 i kid you not years and it was still good when i sold the car lol.

The newer ones have a problem with the terminals breaking off and losing connection for the side terminal batteries, that is the biggest problem i ever see

The original one in my Lumina went for 12 years or something like that...but the replacement didn't last for shit lol.

I'm complaining I guess - batteries don't last too long in winter time here

Last fall I just changed out the original battery in my roommates 01' cavalier.

then the one I put in my lumina was getting weak in just under 2, however it was in the car when it was wrecked and got smacked in on the top, still kept going though.

yeah the original one in my sister's '02 GP just decided to quit totally one afternoon. Total life = 3 years.

I've got 4 years on a replacement Group size 78 AC Delco battery in the Olds, going strong. That's the big mo'fuckn model that everyone claims doesn't fit :thumb:

I had one in a 94 Grand Am that I owned until last year that was going great for me and I believe the date stamp on it was 2000 or 2001.

My AC Delco Battery is 5 years old and still strong.

You guys who have only been getting 1-2 years out of yours, do you have any unusual draw? IE a large amp and stereo? How many times has the battery been completly discharged by leaving your lights on? Stuff like that will shorten the life of any standard car battery.

Ac Delco's are a whole lot better than Mopar batteries, I'll tell you that.

My dealership is Buick, GMC and Dodge, and the GM ones last longer than Chrysler for sure.

They (AC) are also better than Interstate for sure as well (I seem to replace a WHOLE lot of those.......did one on a Park Ave yesterday).

I've got 4 years on a replacement Group size 78 AC Delco battery in the Olds, going strong. That's the big mo'fuckn model that everyone claims doesn't fit :thumb:

they made the cars to fit starting with the 94 model year, when they added clearance at the core support during it's redesign. how does your washer bottle fit now? Mine it very tight with the 78 battery in the 94.

they made the cars to fit starting with the 94 model year, when they added clearance at the core support during it's redesign. how does your washer bottle fit now? Mine it very tight with the 78 battery in the 94.

No fitment problems that I recall. I just lined the battery up with the washer bottle in place before I tightened down the mount.

I guess that's why some people say it doesn't fit :lol: My '95 Olds was the first car I tried this on.

I didn't have a very large stereo. Only a single 12" that I didn't really hammer on. I only killed the battery once and it was due to a light being left on for a matter of about 4 days. Recharged promptly. That was 21 months ago.

yeah the original one in my sister's '02 GP just decided to quit totally one afternoon. Total life = 3 years.

thats the one i put in also that noone said would work, but besides the size it has more benefits. i think it has 875 cca

To be honest, AC Delco batteries are garbage... Just because one person has luck doesnt mean there arent 100 people that have had them crap out after about 2-3 years. And yes, they are good for the sidepost falling apart and pissing acid everywhere.

BTW, Motorcraft group size 65 FTMFW!!!! Prolly one of the best batteries out there. Most fail at about 8 years which is exceptional!!!!!!!!!

This comes from 4 years of replacing and selling batteries. You tend to see trends and I have researched them a bit to, and yes, AC Delco doesnt fair to well

Batteries are batteries guys. Theres only 3 manufactures of Batteries out there nationwide. Delphi, Johnson Controls, and.. uhh. shit I cant remember the 3rd one. Energizer car batteries are also die hard batteries. Duralast batteries are also AC Delco batteries. ETC. I loved picking up a load of Delpho batteries out of the Kansas City plant, driving to the Autozone Distribution center in Danville IL, delivering part of my load, then taking the rest to the Pontiac plant, in Pontiac Michigan.

I've had better luck with AC delco batteries than any other ones. My moms '00 SSEi still has the original one in it, and its 8+ years and 230k+ miles later. The original battery from my dads '02 GTP I still use for powering random things around the garage and whatnot. (he took it out of the car to replace with a dry cell battery that is 30lbs lighter) And although its not THAT old yet our '04 Monte still has the original battery too.