06SS supercharger available???

30306ss

I've got MCSS o6 with the 5.3 and am looking for a supercharger kit .

Has anyone heard of a kit available????

I want to spank the new Pontiacs while the kids with them are still paying for them.... :biggrin:

Craig

I've never heard of or seen a SC kit for a 5.3. It would probably have to be something completely custom and if that is the case you would probably be better served with a turbo

OK,thanks for the input.....I hope to get 450 out of it..got 1 mod now,K&N panel,looking for a pcm tune and a full intake system,the panel came with the car....

Do the TB vortex units work or are they BS???

I'm talking about the black cones that go into the TB inlet,not the spacer plates.

OK,thanks for the input.....I hope to get 450 out of it..got 1 mod now,K&N panel,looking for a pcm tune and a full intake system,the panel came with the car....

Do the TB vortex units work or are they BS???

I'm talking about the black cones that go into the TB inlet,not the spacer plates.

I'm really not trying to be an ass, but you might want to learn a little more about performance and engines in general if you have to ask if the Tornado insert does anything (especially if you're considering an upgrade like a turbo or supercharger). And at 450 HP, expect to start trashing transmissions left and right if you don't beef it up.

It's basically the same "MN7" trans that L67/L32 cars have. They did add a couple stronger parts for the LS4 though IIRC.

The stock 4t65E-HD's start to get unreliable above 300 wheel horsepower (L67 cars). So figure 360 crank hp. BUT, a turbo should be easier on the trans because the power ramps up slower. So you can probably get away with a little more horsepower then a supercharged engine.

Either way, you can make the 4T65E-HD strong enough to handle what you want to throw at it.

Either way, you can make the 4T65E-HD strong enough to handle what you want to throw at it.

That's what I figured. Is anyone running a 4T85E? I think that's what the Caddy's use.

James (Turbocharged400sbc) is in the process of swapping the 4T80 into a Riveria with a whippled L67 right now. He does plan on swapping one into a W next IIRC though!

• 2 weeks later...

NOOOOO!!!!!! NOT the TORNADO.The black inlet cone that is available through JEGS...Its SUPPOSED to help the inlet tract.The Tornado isnt worth the tinfoil its made of .The box it comes in works better.

VENOM please re read ALL of my post especially the LAST LINE.in post #4