thinking about gettin my car recleared

ZacksZ34

what should i do  

1. 1. what should i do

• just leave it black
    • black with a wide single satin black stripe
    • black with red racing stripes
    • black with some pinstriping

Well i was thinkin about if i get my car recleared in a year or so that maybe i would do some kinda of new paint scheme and i got a few ideas i wanna see what you think

re-cleared? They can do that?

x2 :thinking:

Yeah, but it NEVER hold up and will peel very easily and very shortly. I cant think a of a shop that will reclear even if you beg.

yeah just DA the entire car and re clear it. You might as well get it repainted if you're going through that trouble

DA?

And werd on the repaint.

Jesus!!! How many people are gonna change their username???

Hell, can someone get mine changed to 1LoudCutty???

Sweet, thanks

Wow, I didn't know you could change usernames....

anyway on topic here... if you are gona do that, I agree you may as well get the car repainted.... that's just what I would do if I were to go through that.

If a shop is actually willing to do that, they could repaint the entire car for a small amount more...Have you actually spoken to a shop yet that said they would "reclear" the car?

Out of the choices you give, I say stay black.

But if I could add a choice it would be black with some sort of gunmetal stripe.

When I was looking at getting my car painted I was told that parts of it would be a urethane based paint (no clear coat) and other parts are a base coat clear coat. Doesn't make sense to me... Something you might want to ask your body man about, or maybe someone here can shed some light on it. I'm pretty sure you can not clear urethane paint... but I'm no painter, lol.

Jamie

Out of the choices you give, I say stay black.

But if I could add a choice it would be black with some sort of gunmetal stripe.

When I was looking at getting my car painted I was told that parts of it would be a urethane based paint (no clear coat) and other parts are a base coat clear coat. Doesn't make sense to me... Something you might want to ask your body man about, or maybe someone here can shed some light on it. I'm pretty sure you can not clear urethane paint... but I'm no painter, lol.

Jamie

you might be right i can ask my dads buddy he does body work painting and airbrushing out of his garage for a livin

a gun metal stripe sounds good to i just wanted to break up the black some

I thought you were broke. You always say that you are a college student with no money.

I just think you should fix other things on your car before you start thinking about paint.

Have you even installed your mufflers yet???

Don't get me wrong, its nice to have plans. Just pull the reins back a bit...

I thought you were broke. You always say that you are a college student with no money.

I just think you should fix other things on your car before you start thinking about paint.

Have you even installed your mufflers yet???

Don't get me wrong, its nice to have plans. Just pull the reins back a bit...

this is just for plan purposes only im tryin to throw some ideas around and see what every on thinks