I NEED A XOVER BAD AND QUICK

crazydriver20

i took my xover off thinking i could get it rewelded and get a little more life out of it, but on of the bellows was completely cracked in 2 when i removed the heat shield, also there are 2 other small cracks, nobody around my area will weld it for me so im left with a huge lawn ornament until i can get a factory xover or a custom one, can anyone lead me in the right direction to get one, and i live in iowa so the closer the better,

thanks

send me some pics: goten@wi.rr.com

I'll see if I can do it, but I'd be making it a "one piecer", so no flex sections unless you buy them.

you pay for shipping and parts (flew pipes if wanted). depending one how bad the pipe is I'd help you out for $25 labor, cuz I'm not looking to get rich. I just want to help out.

but I might not be bale to do it if you're is really fargone, so send the pics and we'll see. be sure to not use a cxell phone to take them...lol

Bullet, a pipe with no flexes is a very temporary solution. It will crack badly. :wink:

I could debate it with you, but I wont. flex pipes on the X-over are always a good thing to have, but considering that the downpipe is one HUGE flex pipe, the x-over really doesn't "have" to be like that. but to each his own.

refer to "kuntzie"

The thermal expansion and contraction of the aluminum cylinder heads will stress the straight piping until it cracks. Do you think that GM would actually waste money putting flexes on the crossover if they're unncessary? Some people with TGP's have already tried straight piping and found out just how temporary that was.

The thermal expansion and contraction of the aluminum cylinder heads will stress the straight piping until it cracks. Do you think that GM would actually waste money putting flexes on the crossover if they're unncessary? Some people with TGP's have already tried straight piping and found out just how temporary that was.

you make a good point, which I already know. just saying it's up to the buyer in the end

i was  newbie  in  it  but  was  is  an  X-over?

the exhaust pipe that connects the front and rear manifolds on the right hand side of the engine.

also known as a "crossover pipe"

here an aftermarket version of TGP crossovers. it's the pipe that's blue.

http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/complete-3-1-turbo-kit-f-s-new-lower-price-t87750.html

I didn't realize that I posted so closely to you and repeated what you said bullet. :lol:

:lol:

Garrett Powered - other than the crack right by the flange does it work?

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't realize that I posted so closely to you and repeated what you said bullet. :lol:

:lol:

Garrett Powered - other than the crack right by the flange does it work?

Having a straight pipe rather than at least one bellows is a fools answer to a temporary repair. Let's see...the factory dual bellows will crack in less than a year do to the flex that occurs from expansion and contraction. What do you think will happen to a solid piece of pipe? If your answer is to make the pipe thicker than what will happen to the manifold flange points?

If you have any cracks/fresh air entering the system prior to the 02 sensor then you are negating the the entire reason for fixing a cracked factory bellows.

I love it when people have a shadetree mechanic or "muffler shop" repair their cross-overs...they normally call me within a couple of weeks crying that they spent money for someone else to "repair" their x-over and now they have to pay me to get it done right. Do it right the first time!!