will these fit a 1991

dirt_igirt

i really like these they r off from a gp i was just wonder if they would fit

IMG_0757.jpg

Short answer - absolutely not.

Source - from experience.

I tried to put a set of torque stars on my car. The caliper went right through the spoke. It was slide on, slide off. You can put spacers on to make it clear, but you need an excessive amount. I tried that as well.

Once I had comfortable space. The studs weren't long enough the lugs were only able to get 3.5 turns.

Unfortuantely I had already bought the rims.

They still haven't been used, though now I have a 2003 Grand Prix lurking around, so it's not a total waste.

Or you can get a set of these...

Wheel_Spacer.jpg

They bolt to the hub using the stock stud, then the rim bolts to them. By far the safest spacers when your dealing with a large space. In my mind these should be used for anything over 1/4" unless your using steelies. (I use a 1/4" spacer with my steelies and have LOTS of thread left)

I have heard of these spacers being used in offroad applications without problem up to 2 inches :eek:

Jamie

the studs are pressed into the hub. but can be pressed out to replace

On the front the hub has to come off the car, unless I"m doing something wrong, then someone needs to post a demonstration as to how, cause I have 2 front wheels with only 4 lugs :willynilly:

I was able to get the old one out with a BFH, but the new one will not go in because I can't find anywhere to get it straight into the hole...

Jamie

not on the rear, the offset of those rims are different from the 1st gen rims. I think the 2nd gen rims are all around a 40mm offset, whereas the 1st gen rims are something like 35mm iirc

On a B4U car, to make torque stars come out to where the cross laces are you will need a 27mm spacer, minimum.

A quick search finds this,

97+ = 52mm offset

96- = 25mm offset

Now I have a question... whats the max size tire you can fit on a torque star? 245? I've got 255s on a set of cross laces...

Jamie

Sorry, the ones I posted a pic of are just a general one of ones I found through google images.

However, I'm a nice guy and bored... (I can't sleep, which sucks cause I gotta get up early)

I found these on summit, all sold in pairs (2),

$149.99 1.000" (24.4mm) thick, center bore 70.50mm (why are they using metric AND imperial? wtf?)

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=EIB%2D904250103&N=700+115&autoview=sku

$159.99 1.181" (30mm) thick, center bore 70.50mm

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=EIB%2D904300053&N=700+115&autoview=sku

$129.99 1.250" (31.75mm) thick, no center bore listed

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=TRD%2D3607&N=700+115&autoview=sku

$189.95 1.378" (35mm) thick, 70.50mm center bore (listed for mustangs, but we all know mustangs have our bolt pattern)

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=EIB%2D904350013&N=700+115&autoview=sku

$209.95 1.575" (40mm) tick, 70.50mm center bore (again, listed for mustangs)

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=EIB%2D904400013&N=700+115&autoview=sku

You might try checking out Jegs or tire rack, just do a search for wheel spacers...

As you can see, they are not a cheap option, over $200 if your looking to do front and back. This is one of the reasons I'm still on x-laces. I have found wheels I like and are lighter but can not justify the extra $200+ to make them fill out the B4U, if I'm paying for wheels, they will fit my car without modification...

Jamie

On a B4U car, to make torque stars come out to where the cross laces are you will need a 27mm spacer, minimum.

A quick search finds this,

97+ = 52mm offset

96- = 25mm offset

Now I have a question... whats the max size tire you can fit on a torque star? 245? I've got 255s on a set of cross laces...

Jamie

The biggest tires that I would ever put on a set of torque stars are 245's. I think that they're only 6.5" wide.

The numbers that you are offering are correct +25 and +52. The problem is the backspacing. +25mm is very much a RWD offset, even more than many rear wheel drive offsets. +42 is good enough to clear calipers on the rear (standard sawblade offset), but the offset needs to be derived from the rear.

The problem with using the spacer adapters is this all of them are 4.5" and not 115mm. It's not too bad to have 4.5" rims on a 115mm car, but I've heard that there's constant wabble when you go from a 115mm hub to a 4.5" adapter and then from the 4.5" adapter and back to a 115mm hub. Basically you are bending the studs slightly inward, and then taking the ones on the adapter and bending outwards, you seldomly can get it "right."

If you do go the spacer adapter route (you can get a set of four for as low as $140), I would not advise using GM rims, I would go aftermarket or stock but 4.5 X 5's.

I shouldn't say this knowing that it may cause some "locals" to fight with me over rims, but stock G35 coupe rims should fit our cars perfectly, have to be 18" or higher, I checked my buddies' 17" stockers and they don't appear to fit.

My second set of torque stars is probably not for sale. To be 100% honest, my price would be too high compared to most out there. The guy I got them off of totalled a '03 GP GTP with its winters' on, these rims have hardly been used and have very new Goodyear RSA's on them, if I told you that they had 200 miles on them, looking at them, you'd have to believe me.

Wheel_Spacer.jpg

They bolt to the hub using the stock stud, then the rim bolts to them. By far the safest spacers when your dealing with a large space. In my mind these should be used for anything over 1/4" unless your using steelies. (I use a 1/4" spacer with my steelies and have LOTS of thread left)

I have heard of these spacers being used in offroad applications without problem up to 2 inches :eek:

Jamie

I have 1.5" spacers like that on the back of my car for the 19"s, and have never had the slightest problem. I'm running them even on my stock wheels (basically so I don't lose them), and they're fine. I have 5/16" ones or something like that up front, just the plates, and they've worked just fine too.

Wheel_Spacer.jpg

Jamie

I have 1.5" spacers like that on the back of my car for the 19"s, and have never had the slightest problem. I'm running them even on my stock wheels (basically so I don't lose them), and they're fine. I have 5/16" ones or something like that up front, just the plates, and they've worked just fine too.

I too have spacers like those on the front and back of my 92 GP. Never had a problem, IMO they're much safer than plain old spacers.

On the front the hub has to come off the car, unless I"m doing something wrong, then someone needs to post a demonstration as to how, cause I have 2 front wheels with only 4 lugs :willynilly:

I was able to get the old one out with a BFH, but the new one will not go in because I can't find anywhere to get it straight into the hole...

Jamie

the hubs def have to come off, i swear i tried everything. but get that fixed asap i'd say! i had 4 studs on my passenger front for a few months, which eventually led to me have 1 stud and a f*#ked up rim