adding cd changer to factory deck.. New question

rockfangd

I mounted mine under the pass seat...With a 12 disc, you will likely want to mount it in the trunk because of the size.

no the modulator lol. I know that there is no place besides the trunk for the changer. Basically i dont know if i can wire the modulator in with my power antenna in the rear or if it has to be right at the stereo. Also whould the antenna wire be the same as my factory wire? Thanks

I put mine in the dash next to the fuse block, it was pretty big. It should plug in with no problem. But it can go pretty much anywhere there's a connector for the antenna...

You can get a cassette or CD...But using your current Cutlass CD is out of the question unless someone can modify it which I don't see happening.

delcocd.jpg

delcocassette.jpg

THe hardest part of installing one of the above will be the mounts.

so i have the first one, top cd player in the old man's monte carlo....how do you wire up a CD changer or Mp3 player to that? it has the aux thingy, but i didnt know where to plug stuff into it

• 3 weeks later...

ok so i got everything hooked up today but ran into a few problems, apparently i must be one of few to add something aftermarket to the factory GM stereo as the antenna wire from the modulator is too big lol.

Also does anyone know what channel the stereo has to be on for the modulator to work? My old fm radio used to work on am 1410 lol but back then who would have thought of an fm modulator

i am not sure but i dont really care dor the sound quality. i am not surprised.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a decent modulator? if there is one lol

That will greatly decrease sound quality...Try finding another frequency. See what isn't being used...Then change the frequency of the modulator...

You can get a cassette or CD...But using your current Cutlass CD is out of the question unless someone can modify it which I don't see happening.

delcocd.jpg

delcocassette.jpg

THe hardest part of installing one of the above will be the mounts.

so i have the first one, top cd player in the old man's monte carlo....how do you wire up a CD changer or Mp3 player to that? it has the aux thingy, but i didnt know where to plug stuff into it

http://www.pac-audio.com/vag.html

Search for your car there.....they should have the piece you need to run a after market MP3 player or CD changer through the AUX IN.

I do not have that HU in the picture, that was used as an example of one that could be used with a changer. I have the delco loc 3 from a 92 cutlass international

An update though

everything is working great since i put the antenna adaptor i was waiting for in, it sounds good to me but i just dont care for the volume difference. It sounds pretty clear to me. I dont know what it would be like with a box or woofers but for me it is good enough. Not nearly as good as the one in my caddy but i think this is good as it gets lol