adding cd changer to factory deck.. New question

rockfangd

i just had to ask this. i was researching information on cd changers and i came across a fm modulator for factory and aftermarket HUs. Does anyone know aything about these? Is it possible to use a factory cd changer with one? and how much work would i have to do to add it?. thanks to all in advance. I am not very good with modifying audio lol

well the cd changer is from my cadillac and i want to put it into my 94 oldsmobile cutlass supreme with the factory cd deck. So this is possible. can you give me some idea of how i would go about doing this. I can get the pinouts for the cd changer but i have no idea how to make it work

I have an FM modulator from a Delco CD changer I'll dig out...The changer quit working so I never used it after that. It's all plug and play. :D You won't be able to get yours to work with that CD player without an FM modulator.

well if you are interested in parting with it please give me a price. Also it looks like a remote, a reciever, and a few other things come with it. How do you wire the modulator to the changer. by splicing the wires or does it just plug in? Sorry for so many questions. I saved a good lenght of wire from the back of the cd changer so i have a bit for splicing.

Can you get a pic of the changer? Particularly the wiring you have? SO I can make sure it works, mine is out of a Cadillac too so it should be the same.

I think I know the one you're talking about and unfortunately, I am 99% sure it's not going to work for you because it's designed for the factory HU and not the one you have.

The only way I foresee it working is if you install a newer HU with factory changer controls.

On another note, I have a friend of a friend that swears he put an MP3 CD mechanism from a new Delco HU in his factory GP CD HU...Can't seem to confirm that one though...Perhaps Brian P can?

Im not sure if that will work with your factory deck, but I remember I once wired in a factory cd changer with FM modulator from a late model GM into my old 92 Camaro RS. It was like three wires and I had to switch the radio station to whatever the FM modulator said to switch it to.

well looking at the harness there is a black, orange, green. Then in a foil looking wrap there is green/white, black,/white, brown/white, and one bare wire with clear plastic around it. Those are all in the black plug that plugs into the back of the changer. Thanks again to all for the responses

how difficult would one be to install. I would rather use the one i have because it works perfect. Any chance of posting a picture of the one i need. Is it am/fm cassette? Sorry for so many questions lol

You can get a cassette or CD...But using your current Cutlass CD is out of the question unless someone can modify it which I don't see happening.

delcocd.jpg

delcocassette.jpg

THe hardest part of installing one of the above will be the mounts.

yeah i had one of those out of a malibu and i could not figure out a way to install it. the mounts are complely different and i thought i could change the cases but that wouldnt work either. i really like those too. If i get one i can make my changer work somehow? I am thinking my best bet is to just get another changer and a fm modulator

Also thank you for the pics

Another changer and an FM modulator would be your best bet. I got an Alpine 6 disc off Craigslist for FREE. Works great too.

I mounted mine under the pass seat...With a 12 disc, you will likely want to mount it in the trunk because of the size.

I mounted mine under the pass seat...With a 12 disc, you will likely want to mount it in the trunk because of the size.

no the modulator lol. I know that there is no place besides the trunk for the changer. Basically i dont know if i can wire the modulator in with my power antenna in the rear or if it has to be right at the stereo. Also whould the antenna wire be the same as my factory wire? Thanks