$ 20.00 dollar trunk lid

bodeen2007

this is a trunk lid i just picked up at the local pull a part it's got a few blemishes but for twenty dollars I'm not complaining it also came with a power trunk release here are some pics

adamsphotos034.jpg

adamsphotos032.jpg

Cleveland Pull a Part FTMFW! I just got back from there Sunday with a Complete GP dash with HUD, wiring, and switch, center console with shifter plate and console lid, reverse light panel, and some odds and ends stuff for less than $100. I want to go back to snag some seats, but gas just hit $4.00 a gal and my van only gets 15mpg if that. Too bad there isnt a way to swap the stuff in the parking lot and leave it there LOL.

Holy crap! I just priced mine (cause I need one without spoiler mounting holes) at $75 if I pull it myself. At that rate its going to be a decent trunk lid and red.

Jamie

Thats a decent price of a car part that will one day make it's way to the crusher.

The thing about junk yards I'll NEVER understand is the fact that many of them think they have the golden treasure and can charge STUPID prices for stuff. I remember I wanted a set of 5 spokes for my Cutty...the J/Y told me it'd be over $350 for the set. So I found them on ebay for $200 to my door...ALL 4!

What gets me is they pay about $100 for any given car, and just the scrap metal alone will fetch them $500+... thats $400 profit for next to nothing. So why rape the world on selling parts if its going to be 100% pure profit anyways. Especially on stuff like seats and junk. The stuff they are supposed to pull out before they send it in as scrap metal. A lot of metal recyclers pay more if you pull the majority of non metal items off the car. So by pulling non metal stuff, like lights, spoilers, seats, we are actually doing the wreckers a favor by saving them the disposal costs.

This is why I don't feel bad putting stuff in my pockets at the wreckers.

Jamie

Cleveland Pull a Part FTMFW! I just got back from there Sunday with a Complete GP dash with HUD, wiring, and switch, center console with shifter plate and console lid, reverse light panel, and some odds and ends stuff for less than $100. I want to go back to snag some seats, but gas just hit $4.00 a gal and my van only gets 15mpg if that. Too bad there isnt a way to swap the stuff in the parking lot and leave it there LOL.

Drive your car up with no seats...

Thats a decent price of a car part that will one day make it's way to the crusher.

The thing about junk yards I'll NEVER understand is the fact that many of them think they have the golden treasure and can charge STUPID prices for stuff. I remember I wanted a set of 5 spokes for my Cutty...the J/Y told me it'd be over $350 for the set. So I found them on ebay for $200 to my door...ALL 4!

Thing is the average person who isn't a car person probably doesn't know what's fair and will just pay whatever they tell them.

I normally tell the people I was quoted a certain price on the phone and they give it to me taht price.

Get ahold of me. Between your CS and my CS, we can get the interior in our cars and just go to my apartment and then swap it there. We can even throw the old crap in the dumpster :lol:

I still need an ECM anyway. I was thinking about heading up on Sunday

my car will never go to the crusher I'll let it rot in my back yard before i let it get crushed :lol: