3100 Headers

FastSE2DR

Does anyone know of anyone that makes headers for a 1994 Grand Prix 3100? I am getting EVERYTHING port and polished and this is a needed thing...any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

Ummm.... well I asked that not too long ago and everyone that replied said no, until someone told me someone was starting to make them. The only bad thing is that you had to relocate a whole bunch of shit so i decided not to buy them. I am not sure of the website. Hope that helped

Rob

S&S makes headers for "3100's" but I'm not sure if they will fit your engine bay, they are marketed to N-bodies aka Grand Ams, etc.....they can always be made to work either by moving a few things or having them chopped and welded back together.

yeah, at one point i knew of this website that had 3k and 3.5k stall converters/headers/cams/lifters/heads, but i cannot remember what it is. some day i'll find that damn site again

The manifolds dont swap without SERIOUS work. Well, gen 3 on gen 2 works but the other way around is going to require porting on the manifold.

The N body headers don't clear the firewall, so you have to have them modified a little.

yeah, at one point i knew of this website that had 3k and 3.5k stall converters/headers/cams/lifters/heads, but i cannot remember what it is. some day i'll find that damn site again

the company is called Sheer Speed. i cannot find the link though...so i gotta pull it off my laptop when i get home and i'll post it.

http://www.sheerspeed.0catch.com/SheerSpeedProducts.html

I had the link all along, just had to search through my tons of favorites to find it...I dont' think they're in business or their email addy works or something...I emailed them a long ass time ago(at least a few months) w/ no response back. If any of you get in touch w/ them, let me know, I'm emailing them a again btw :roll:

TOG makes a set of headers for the 3400 in the Grand Am / Alero. They are REALLY awesome, and I personally saw them add 18 WHEEL Horsepower on the dyno on my friend's 3400 Alero.

The 94 3100 is identical to the 3400 as far bolt patterns and clearace goes, however the problem that I came across with the headers is the rear section will NOT clear the firewall in a Beretta. Everything else fit like a glove (we swapped a 01 3400 into a 92 Beretta w/ 5spd). Since the W-body is considerably larger then the N-body, I'd wager they would fit without a problem.

http://www.ourpeak.com/choate/images/3400swap

You can see several VERY good shots of the headers on a 3400 at the above link -- the problem with the rear header is it basically comes STRAIT out of the head -- if it angled down about 45* more, it'd work in a Beretta perfectly. It's a real shame we couldn't make them fit, but the 3400 runs strong anyhow - Just dynoed at 205HP / 240ft lbs est at the crank :)

TOG headers are so damn expensive its like almost $800 for somethin that might fit. It might be worth a shot but i dunno yet. I just cant believe that rsm hasnt made them or something. I just wish there was a more definate solution. If the headers were made the 3100 i might be a little more willing to throw down $800 for em. If there is anyone around the Fargo-Moorhead area on here that wants to help me find out if anyone is willing to make some around here that would be great. Then we can possibly get a group buy or somethin and get a better deal. Just keep posting and maybe something will come up. Thanks for all your help so far guys!

You can get the headers for $710 shipped from APOC. You'll be VERY VERY hard pressed to find someone that will make a custom set for less then that. Plus to REALLY make a good product, you have to dyno tune it to make sure it works better then the stock manifolds - which TOG has done.

If you think about it, 18 WHP for $700 is CHEAP. Get a full exhaust system for $400, an UD pulley for $100 and a Chip for $120 and you'd still only see about 2/3rd's the gain at the wheels.

Perhaps you should call TOG and ask them if they'd loan out a set (with deposit) for test fitting? It won't take much to figure out if they'll fit.

TOG headers are so damn expensive its like almost $800 for somethin that might fit. It might be worth a shot but i dunno yet. I just cant believe that rsm hasnt made them or something. I just wish there was a more definate solution. If the headers were made the 3100 i might be a little more willing to throw down $800 for em. If there is anyone around the Fargo-Moorhead area on here that wants to help me find out if anyone is willing to make some around here that would be great. Then we can possibly get a group buy or somethin and get a better deal. Just keep posting and maybe something will come up. Thanks for all your help so far guys!

Thats really not a bad idea to see if they will loan a set. If would only help them in the long run if they could market them to 3100 w-bodys. I know there would be people that would want them. True, with TOG you are guaranteed to get a product that works great and is well made. I will have to look into the loaning of some. Thanks again!