Engine Swap in 96 CS, tossing up ideas on what engine to go with!!!

BXX

You show me that? Other than headers, the most expensive "mod" in that list are ARP head studs :bonk:

Turbo a 3800. Instant 12's, 400hp

http://wot-tech.com/shop/3400/2000-heads-and-manifolds/street/strip-ported-3400-heads/prod_112.html

ya that looks real cheap..... :lol:

So $1200 for heads....and you'll still be in the low 15's/high 14's....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BXX

• slick

• Euro

• MonteCarloDude

Top Posters In This Topic

is the pull-a-part the broken wheel with a new name?

Not sure. I only learned about the yard about a month ago and I have only lived up this way for about a year...

Guys, you all have awsome points, I appreciate it. Here is the thing, I want low 12's. Not 14's... Some stock 4 door sedans can easily hit that.

The L36 would be pretty easy epecially how many untouched ones there are at the yard. The tranny is obviously gonna be a 4T65e-HD no matter what. Strong, there is aftermarket for, and is limited slip. I would love a 5-speed swap, but it wont hold up into the 12's, its not limited slip, and stronger internals arent really out there.

You show me that? Other than headers, the most expensive "mod" in that list are ARP head studs :bonk:

Turbo a 3800. Instant 12's, 400hp

http://wot-tech.com/shop/3400/2000-heads-and-manifolds/street/strip-ported-3400-heads/prod_112.html

ya that looks real cheap..... :lol:

So $1200 for heads....and you'll still be in the low 15's/high 14's....

i know that, but you said there was no aftermarket, i was just proveing a point. :smile: anyways i would go with the 3400 if you want a easy swap, but if your looking to go fast, mod a 3800 and swap it in.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll sell you an entire front clip off of a '98 2nd Gen W-body. Trans is bad, but rebuildable, engine runs, but has 250k miles. But, you will get the harness, PCM, mounts, and axle's that you will need.

Missing 1 injector and a starter. The engine does run, but with no starter, it doesn't run right now haha.

$100 and it's yours.

I'll sell you an entire front clip off of a '98 2nd Gen W-body. Trans is bad, but rebuildable, engine runs, but has 250k miles. But, you will get the harness, PCM, mounts, and axle's that you will need.

Missing 1 injector and a starter. The engine does run, but with no starter, it doesn't run right now haha.

$100 and it's yours.

Where are you located??? $100 is hard to pass up :lol:

$100 and it's yours.

Where are you located??? $100 is hard to pass up :lol:

The car is in Genoa. You'll have to pull the stuff yourself.

Yeah, it runs, but would be a great candidate for a complete rubuild with custom parts. The trans doesn't work too hot, probably the pump, but is original, so again, a great candidate for a rebuild.

But, for $100, he's getting a PCM, a complete harness, mounts, axle's, and all of the other odd's and ends that he would need for a swap, PLUS an engine and trans to mess around with. It's a pretty good deal.

Well hell, Genoa is like 2 hours or more from me.. .Im not sure its worth it. Especially if its in the car. I have no hoist I can haul out as everything needs to fit in my CS to be transported...

Is it a L67???

Well hell, Genoa is like 2 hours or more from me.. .Im not sure its worth it. Especially if its in the car. I have no hoist I can haul out as everything needs to fit in my CS to be transported...

Is it a L67???

Rob has an engine hoist and tools. Really, we would give you a hand, because were not gonna just sit there and watch you pull that crap out all day long.

No, just a standard L36.

rebuild it and top swap it

IIRC, don't the L36's respond a bit better to boost as well, and IIRC, they are higher compression, which generally means a bit more fun.

Is it a L67???

Rob has an engine hoist and tools. Really, we would give you a hand, because were not gonna just sit there and watch you pull that crap out all day long.

No, just a standard L36.

Damn, my GF would have a shitfit, but after a brief mapquest, I think it will be worth it. I will obviously make sure I come with no rear and front passenger seat. The engine needs to sit where the pass seat would be...

Wait, is it Genoa in Stark or Ottawa county?? It looks like either an hour drive or 2 hours...

Hmm, I have off Sunday and Monday.. I should have the $100...

Is it a L67???

No, just a standard L36.

Damn, my GF would have a shitfit, but after a brief mapquest, I think it will be worth it. I will obviously make sure I come with no rear and front passenger seat. The engine needs to sit where the pass seat would be...

Wait, is it Genoa in Stark or Ottawa county?? It looks like either an hour drive or 2 hours...

Hmm, I have off Sunday and Monday.. I should have the $100...

Pretty much this address. I don't remember the correct address, but it's pretty damn close (within 1/4 mile) of this location:

Address:

2100 N Billman Rd

Genoa, OH 43430

Hmmm, its 100 miles... I was planning on going to Mansfield like I always do (65 miles away) and possibly head out that way if I have the $100.. It between my paydays right now and I am waiting on a few people to pay me for some stuff...

Who actually owns the donor vehicle???

Rob and I both own it.

Whenever you want to get it, your more than welcome to. We have set a date, that on July 17th, if the car isn't gone, it's getting the sawzall treatment.

Oh, ill get it before July :lol:

Hell, ill have to pass this weekend since I gotta hit up the local pull a part to get front knuckle assys to start work on my front coilover setup w/ custom mounts....

Wait, the L36 is still a 200hp engine, right???