adding a power antenna to a factory radio

rockfangd

hi everyone, a few years ago i put in a aftermarket stereoand it had a power antenna wire so i decided to install a power antenna. So i ran all the wires to the trunk and installed the antenna. Now i have gone back to a factory cd player and i cannot seem to find out how to make the power antenna work with it. I am thinking i am missing the pin out of my factory plug. I really like my power antenna but i just need to know what i can do to make it work with the radio. I want it wired with the radio not just with the ignition :mrgreen: thanks for the info in advance

Find a wire that's hot with the radio on, and dead when it's off. I think there is a provision for the power antenna - isn't it a blue wire? I don't know 100% anymore. Anyway if you can't find the correct one, I'd just splice into a hot wire when the radio is one - and maybe even find one that isn't live when the cd player is playing.

Find a wire that's hot with the radio on, and dead when it's off. I think there is a provision for the power antenna - isn't it a blue wire? I don't know 100% anymore. Anyway if you can't find the correct one, I'd just splice into a hot wire when the radio is one - and maybe even find one that isn't live when the cd player is playing.

well thats the problem my car came factory with a regular mast and there is no blue wire in my harness. I wondred if maybe i went to the scrap yard if i could pull the one wire and attach it to mine. i dont even know which pin it would go in though. I guess i would have to find that out at the yard also

Dark green wire in our cars, it goes from pin 8 in the C1 to B on an antenna relay.

You should have the Dark green wire, tap in to that and run it to the relay for the power antenna.

Relay pin outs:

A: power from ACC fuse.

B: Dark green from radio

C: Ground

well the relay is on the antenna and all the wires are hooked up except the one to the radio. So it is a green wire and not a blue wire? and also should i already have this wire?

• 3 weeks later...

ok so i finally tinkered behind my factory headunit tonight and i found the wire first try lol. It is a dark green wire that is directly under the blue plug. Now it works but i have another question. If there is no wiring in the trunk for a power antenna why is there a wire on the factory radio harness? What else could it do?.

Also just a tip i bought a new antenna for my eldorado and now that i got rid of it i took the antenna and put it in my cutlass and it went in perfect all the way, and also it has bushings between the mast and the motor so it is completely silent in operation. I highly recommend cadillac antennas for replacement on ours. I will post pics

Probably just part of the standard wiring harness. My old 1994 convertible was wired for the 6 speaker stereo but didn't have it. Just on the right door though because the left door was modified when the convertible conversion was done.