93 cutlass radio

Doc

I am in need of info or a new radio for my cutty. It is a cd player with streering controls. CD player dose not work and was wandering if anyone knows hows to fix it or a replacment radio, or an after market that will still work with streering controls.

• 2 weeks later...

The best thing to do is go to a GM and ask them where they sub out their car stereo work. Then go there and more than likely that installer repairs factory units.

For non functional steering wheel controls ... more than likely your column signal switch is on the bum and the contacts are not making proper connection or the contacts at the wheel require repairing/replacement.

If you had another unit kicking around to test with ... you can eliminate the head unit.

I priced out having a factory CD player for the Prix redone, and it was in the 150-200 range. I never followed through, but it would be cool to have a fully functional, vintage/oem CD player. Mine would just give me ErrOr when i put in a disc.