Battery terminals on a TGP

shadow

? same place it is on any other battery. You may have to remove the intake pipe coupler to access it.

Since the battery is hidden under the washer tank there should be jump points on the engine. Like I said I found 1 (the positive) but I cant locate the negative one?

ah ha, yes, what robby said. If you are jumping with the aux post, just ground it to whatever. On the cutlass, my cables slide down beside the washer bottle, because I don't like the idea of jumping on the aux post (at least not on the cutlass that already has ground issues I think)

I use the strut tower nuts/studs for a ground, works like a charm. :wink:

I used that actually but I hear a loudish buzzing sound when I do that so I hope I didn't burn something out by doing that. I am gonna try the dogbone screw bolts next time.

you used the strut tower stud?!? thats a good way to get electrocuted. If you ever do that again wear rubber boots. you will get yourself zapped pretty good, that buzzing sound means danger.

You should never hook up a jumper or charge cable to nuts of any kind :willynilly:

:lol: jk

I ground mine to the bolts on the dogbones.

you used the strut tower stud?!? thats a good way to get electrocuted. If you ever do that again wear rubber boots. you will get yourself zapped pretty good, that buzzing sound means danger.

How is using that for a ground a way to get electrocuted? Have you not noticed that the negative terminal on a lot of cars go directly into the body?

How is using that for a ground a way to get electrocuted? Have you not noticed that the negative terminal on a lot of cars go directly into the body?

x2. I guess I'll get shocked if I so much as touch my TGP being that the little ground branches off from the negative battery cable to the core support area. The biggest concern when jumping a car battery is avoiding creating sparks that could cause the battery to explode. 12v isn't going to do much harm even if it could electrocute you....unless of course, you touch something that greatly increases the voltage(ICM/coils), but you should be nowhere near them to jump' a car battery anyways.

hell 1 V could kill you if the amperage was high enough... lol

that's a common misconseption is that voltage kills people when it's amperage that is the real killer.

it's just that higher voltage can easilly push higher amperage, but have you ever looked at your battery, they can put out more than 600 amps on average.

well, maybe its different here in oregon it rains a lot and a few hundred people die every year because they use jumper cables inappropriately.

the mob killed this local business owner for not paying his dues. they found him dead with a jumper pack clamped on his nipples. I wear knee high rubber boots every day after that. stay away from puddles just in case.

well, maybe its different here in oregon it rains a lot and a few hundred people die every year because they use jumper cables inappropriately.

the mob killed this local business owner for not paying his dues. they found him dead with a jumper pack clamped on his nipples. I wear knee high rubber boots every day after that. stay away from puddles just in case.

Are you serious are you being a fucking idiot, you cannot get killed by 12 volts of Direct Current.

Are you serious are you being a fucking idiot, you cannot get killed by 12 volts of Direct Current.

you think I dont know that???????????

are you serious? of course I was being an idiot, jokingly. why cant you be cool for once instead of ruining jokes for people fag.

hey shadow, sorry man I had to mess with your head cause you are still kind of a newb. dont take it personal please, for that matter anyone else here :lol: I had to pull your chain. :lol: It was too hard to resist.

you think I dont know that???????????

are you serious? of course I was being an idiot, jokingly. why cant you be cool for once instead of ruining jokes for people fag.

If I could be honest for one second, some of the shit you come up with regarding your opinions or "knowlege" in the audio section rivals the ignorance of your previous statement. So I couldnt be sure. And for what its worth I know jack fucking didley squat about car audio.

Its all good, I have been installing high end systems and beefed up charging systems in w-bodys for almost a decade. still never zapped myself even one time. :lol:

I think I am still the only guy to ever swap in a cs130d to a tgp. and one of the first to do a high torque starter.

2056262_15.jpg

your not a fag dude, sorry. :rolleyes: . but here I was completely joking and amazingly nobody here spotted that right away.

2056262_3.jpg

this alt can keep the headlights from dimming while driving in the rain with the vents blowing on high and even when the rad fan kicks on and the w-7 blasting rap music.

the 1000/1 amp pulls so much power during low bass hits. enough to make a cs 130 cry.

2056262_1.jpg

that amp and cap got jacked but the new cap still reads this:

2056262_14.jpg

that system got stole so I went through the whole car and upgraded everything.

...now the alt has 0awg wire coming off the charge post and its even stronger. if you could get zapped by 12v this would be the car that would do it :lol:

omg, hope I didnt make prodigal son feel ignorant now....

hell 1 V could kill you if the amperage was high enough... lol

that's a common misconseption is that voltage kills people when it's amperage that is the real killer.

it's just that higher voltage can easilly push higher amperage, but have you ever looked at your battery, they can put out more than 600 amps on average.

Eh..

While you're on the right track by saying that amperage (more accurately, current) is what really matters when it comes to shocking the shit out of you, A 12V car battery is not enough to kill you. Your body is offers up too much resistance to the flow of electricity.

Current (wattage) = volts + amperage. It's both of those together that make the difference between a tingle and an experience with a defibrillator.