Any added a turbo blowoff valve?

shadow

I have one to. It was on the car when i bought it. It sounds so friggen cool!!! Since it is an automatic it will go off solid whenever i hit more then like 3 or 4 Lbs of boost. Unlike all stick shifts with BOVs that ive heard which only go off quick when shifting.

you can get them online or at any real car part/tuning shop, and there are numerous different manufacturers; greddy, hks, blitz, turboxs...the list goes on. a good one will run you a couple hundred new....

here is my greddy type rs(thing with the blue):

DSC01223.jpg

I have one to. It was on the car when i bought it. It sounds so friggen cool!!! Since it is an automatic it will go off solid whenever i hit more then like 3 or 4 Lbs of boost. Unlike all stick shifts with BOVs that ive heard which only go off quick when shifting.

i have no idea what you are talking about

you can get them online or at any real car part/tuning shop, and there are numerous different manufacturers; greddy, hks, blitz, turboxs...the list goes on. a good one will run you a couple hundred new....

DSC01223.jpg

That's exactly how I have my intake pipe wrapped. Is that working ok? I've heard for the intake pipe it would be better to use the foil wrap on that pipe

DSC01223.jpg

What dont you understand?? Thats the best way i can describe it lol.

Your BOV shouldn't be opening till the throttle plate closes.

5 speeds, when shifting gears, the throttle plate closes as you let off the gas, forcing the air OUT the BOV...your BOV cannot be open and still create boost. It just doesn't work that way, since the BOV bleeds off the boost returning to the turbo.

Your BOV shouldn't be opening till the throttle plate closes.

5 speeds, when shifting gears, the throttle plate closes as you let off the gas, forcing the air OUT the BOV...your BOV cannot be open and still create boost. It just doesn't work that way, since the BOV bleeds off the boost returning to the turbo.

What am i hearing then?? I always assumed it was the BOV. When ever i hit much of any boost the car will go PSSSHHHHHTTTT. Like the sounds of air escaping. Its constant as long as there is boost. Sometiumes when im on the throttle pretty good and let off the gas it will make a quick PSHT. Like a 5 speed car would. If its not the bov im hearing then wtf is it?? Im curious now. Sorry for my ignorance, i dont know much about how a BOV works except that it lets air escape. It was on the car when i bought it and is a DSM blow off valve, thats all i know.

It could be many things.

Perhaps you have an exhaust leak? Maybe all you're hearing is the wastegate?

When you get on the throttle good and let off, THEN it's more than likely your BOV working. But the BOV should not be opening while you are building boost. The sound you're more than likely hearing if you don't have an exhaust leak, is more than likely the sound of boost being created. Until I had all my intercooler pipes tightened down, I would hear this all the time.

Its pretty damn loud. I can hear it inside the car with the windows up and radio on. Im really curious to know what im hearing now. Would the boost being created sound that loud??

its just air bing sucked in the turbo i would say, when the turbo is spooling it makes noiticeable noise

That's my guess as well. You should be able to hear your turbo pretty good, especially if you are running a K&N filter or similar.

Do you have to modify the pipe or is there a existing pipe off of some import that replaces our intake pipe? Otherwise that was well modified!

You remove the stock pipe and have a BOV flange welded to it so that you can bolt the BOV on.

Yea i have a K&N coming right off the turbo. I think it may be less loud if i give it more throttle, but ill have to check that out. It def doesnt sound like a exaust leak of any kind. It does sound pretty cool so im not really complaining, just wanted to make sure it was supposed to be making that noise!

its just air bing sucked in the turbo i would say, when the turbo is spooling it makes noiticeable noise

I dont hear any noise like that? Is it because I still have my OEM filter setup on?

The stock setup, TGP Nick will agree, muffles the louder sound you hear with a K&N setup. Like it was uggested, more than likely it's just air going into the turbo. It really doesn't give you the signature whine until you hit higher RPMs.

ya definately, when I had my stock air setup I could barely hear it, once I put a cone on it was incredibly noticeable and tbh, I LOVE THAT SOUND!...lol

The stock setup, TGP Nick will agree, muffles the louder sound you hear with a K&N setup. Like it was uggested, more than likely it's just air going into the turbo. It really doesn't give you the signature whine until you hit higher RPMs.

QFT Haha yeah with my stock setup, you can only hear the turbo on a nice day.. It will spool much louder soon enough. :cool:

Yup yup thats what mine does. At lower rpms is more of a "whooshing" noise, like air getting sucked in. At higher rpms is more high pitched.