Annoying X791 Problem

pwmin

I have a kenwood _____-X791 and the AUX is much quieter than the radio/cd/etc. Is there a volume adjustment to change that like on my old JVC KD-AR5500 or am I SOL? Yes, I have my archos turned all the way up. I can't find anything in the manual and companies are usually a PIA to get any answers from, so I thought I would ask you guys.

Nope, nothing. An auxilary input will generally be quiter, as it is only an analong input.

will the USB port be louder? i guess I could just get an adapter and use that. I guess I could also convert the rear output thingy with that adapter you showed me before.

looks like that cable runs off aux, too :rolleyes:

Most decks with an AUX input allow you to adjust the level the deck receives before it's output.

my JVC did, but I can't find anything on this deck that would allow that.

Yeah, from all of the Kenwood's I've ever used, there are no Audio level adjustments for the Aux. Inputs, IIRC.

Check the Menu in Standby mode just to be sure, but I don't think there is.

Yeah, from all of the Kenwood's I've ever used, there are no Audio level adjustments for the Aux. Inputs, IIRC.

Check the Menu in Standby mode just to be sure, but I don't think there is.

WRONG! well, sort of. there is actually a level adjustment (just found it) and it is in standby mode.

IDK why I didn't see this reply earlier, but it's all good now. :mrgreen: I just need to set up of the G-meter yet.