My blown motor progress thread.....AGAIN!

Euro

well, there is no more water, just the foam padding underneath is wet. I have finals to study for all this week and weekend, I won't be back home until the 13th.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Euro

• 5speedz34

• slick

• 93CutlassSupreme

might be a spark thing? Hopefully they don't find a problem not related to the engine install. That warranty company is gonna drop you like a bad habit :lol:

might be a spark thing? Hopefully they don't find a problem not related to the engine install. That warranty company is gonna drop you like a bad habit :lol:

Even if it's not related to the engine install, I'm covered by my existing warranty. I paid the $1600 for this damn warranty, my car's taken care of like my own child, they're not going to drop me

Ah yeah, you're def getting your money's worth. When I worked as a service writer for a repair shop, some of the shadier/cheaper warranty companies would weasel their way out of coverage when it got too high.

Well, it was just eh #6 plug that went bad. I'm guessing it had something to do with the motor failure, since the #6 bearing was the one that failed. Otherwise I'm lost because the plugs/wires/coils only have 10k on em.

Actually, they didn't charge for fluids. I only had to pay my $100 deductible. I was pissed they put the old plugs into the NEW HEADS. Especially since the plug that was bad was the plug on the same cylinder where the bearing failed. Both my dad and I let them know we were pissed off about that. Thankfully school's out in less than a week, and *if* (God forbid) something else goes wrong, I can take it to the dealership/mechanics that we're friends with and trust.

• 4 weeks later...

Really well. No more leaks. The motor's got about 800 miles on it and she runs great. I can actually tell a difference with the series 3 heads

hey don't feel bad about your motor. I have a 2000 daytona 500 gtp motor blown up at 63k. I am the only owner and this car never saw 80 mph. babied like it was the only car I would ever own. never even seen rain. My parents also bought a 2000 gtp and motor blown up at 62k I think theres something going on there dont you.

Yeah I've never heard of L36/67's blowing up with such little mileage before until mine did. I've heard of dozens of LIM gasket failures that leaked coolant internally into the motor, but none resulting in the motor taking a shit