My blown motor progress thread.....AGAIN!

Euro

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Euro

• 5speedz34

• slick

• 93CutlassSupreme

Yeah, this weekend was kind of crappy. Today was nice, but no pics. She runs awesome so far. I've put about 130 miles on it since I picked it up. And it turns out that the new long block I got is an L26

glad to hear that you got her back and that she is doing well....once you break her it, get her some form of boost

Believe me, I'm going turbo if anything. As much as I LOVE the blower whine, turbo is more bang for your buck performance. Insta-12's. That won't be for another year and a half. The warranty will be up, she'll be paid off, and I'll be graduating. The motor will still be virgin at this time too, only about 15k miles :lol:

Haha nice man! Glad you have it back, my car is undergoing surgery on the 5th for a transmission. BTW, get those startup videos on here, I want to hear the fresh 3800 ignite haha.

The vid I took didn't turn out so well. It was pouring down rain when I first started it up, and all you heard was me go "ok..first start up with the new motor." Then I point the camera to the dash, and you see the rpm's jump(started) and idle at about 1000...but no sound really lol

Here are the pics though..Series III ftw

HPIM1066.jpg

HPIM1067.jpg

HPIM1068.jpg

HPIM1069.jpg

HPIM1070.jpg

It runs great so far. Since I got it last thursday I've put probably, 215 miles on it. It pulls hard in the couple of times I've gotten on it in the last day or two, I'm happy with it so far!!

The vid I took didn't turn out so well. It was pouring down rain when I first started it up, and all you heard was me go "ok..first start up with the new motor." Then I point the camera to the dash, and you see the rpm's jump(started) and idle at about 1000...but no sound really lol

Here are the pics though..Series III ftw

HPIM1066.jpg

HPIM1067.jpg

HPIM1068.jpg

HPIM1069.jpg

HPIM1070.jpg

Here's a dumb question.............

Why do you think that is an L26 bottom end????

I mean, those valvecovers came on the last couple of years of L36's.

??

that's just what I was told by a few people, and the people who are GM "techs" on CGP. I haven't physically inspected it myself yet.

It's a BRAND new long block, and the last L36 was made what, 3 years ago? I don't see them having brand new L36's just layin around. But you never know. It is possible it's an L36 long block still, but ?

that's just what I was told by a few people, and the people who are GM "techs" on CGP. I haven't physically inspected it myself yet.

It's a BRAND new long block, and the last L36 was made what, 3 years ago? I don't see them having brand new L36's just layin around. But you never know. It is possible it's an L36 long block still, but ?

They still sell all kinds of disscontinued engines.

Yours just has the nice/pretty valvecovers that they put on from 03ish to 05 (similar to what the Series III gets).

They still sell all kinds of disscontinued engines.

Yours just has the nice/pretty valvecovers that they put on from 03ish to 05 (similar to what the Series III gets).

I looked up the newer Series II's and III's after the motor got put in, and the valve covers are black, that wasn't what led me to believe it was a Series III. I saw those and just thought, oh cool...it matches the car and now I don't have to paint the ugly off-white looking ones :lol:

Honestly I don't know what visual differences are between the two motors, other than the drive by wire, and different fuel system. I haven't had the time to look anything since finals are here.

Again I was just going from what everybody else had mentioned. A few people said, "it's a brand new crate long block, so it's probably a III." In my thread on CGP like this one, a couple of people said "I'm a GM tech at X dealer and all the new 3800 long blocks are series III's."

Honestly I'm not positive :lol: I was just going off of what I was told. But like everybody knows that might not be the truth. It is fun to think about tho!! lol

so, the car's dead again. I can't talk now, I'll explain either tonight or tomorrow afternoon when I'm home again.

so, the car's dead again. I can't talk now, I'll explain either tonight or tomorrow afternoon when I'm home again.

:eek: you better make those bastards swap an L67 in this time. :lol:

I don't think it's anything bad. I got off work today, drove 15 seconds to get gas. Fill up, start it and it starts running like piss. Idleing all over the place, sounded like I had a cam(sounded good :lol: )

So, the dealer that put the motor in was just down the street, so I limp it the half mile down the road, all the while feeling like it's going to die at any second, throwing codes at me. Light came on flashing, so a misfire. Every time I came off from a stoplight it would flash again. Grr.. I hit EVERY fucking red light on the way there(figures :lol: ) It would come up to a stop, dip down to sub 500rpm range, then jump back to 800 ish at idle. Had minimal power all the way there. It suprisingly makes it to the dealer, and I knew that service would be closed on Saturdays(why....makes no sense, it was only 1:30)

Funny story, I was talking to one of the salesman as I gave my info down(even tho they have it) and he asked me what kind of car it was....I go, "A 2000 Grand Prix." Without a hesitation the salesman goes, "is it black?" YES, it is. He was like, yeah I remember that car, it was here for a while. No shit, longest 2.5 weeks of my life.

So, I'm guessing it's a fuel issue, and nothing to do with the new motor. Fpr? injector problem? Ill find out on Monday. Guess I can hold off drying out my interior for another week and a half :bash: