Sound when braking..

88red4cyl

Recently I have noticed on my 99 LTZ a sound coming from the rear whenever I stop.. For those of you who live where it snows, it sound like whenever you get a bunch of ice in the fender well, and the tire is rubbing on the ice. That's the best way I know how to describe it.. What does that sound like to you all?

Thanks!

Sounds like the lining has disappeared from the shoes/pads and now your brakes are metal-to-metal.

I just repaired the front brakes on a Ford Fairmont where the college girl let the pads wear so severely that the steel backing plate of the brake pad was only about 1/3 as thick as it should have been. The rotor was scrap.

Someone actually still has and drives a Ford Fairmont?

:lol: I actually know someone who still drives one..

Damn, I was hoping it was something else.. It's been doing it for a couple weeks, so my rotor is probably going to need to be replaced then as well, won't it? It stops quicker than hell right now, you press the brake pedal, and you stop. :lol:

Someone actually still has and drives a Ford Fairmont?

This guy's main work truck (real truck, not pickup) is a '52 F-600 (??) with a Flathead V-8 and flames painted on the front end and fenders.

The Fairmont is his daughter's car...but since it's based on the Fox body just like an older Mustang, he threatens to throw a 289 in it.