Oldsmobile Intrigue and the factory cd changers some came with.

RZB1992

Was just wondering if anyone knew how much trouble it is to connect a cd changer to the factory head unit in an Olds Intrigue. There's a junkyard close to me that has the plastic holder that shelved the cd changer in the trunk for those (I believe only 98-00) that came with them from the factory. The junkyard also has the original 10 disc cd changer, (both from a 2000 GLS). I want to add a cd changer, but only if 1) I don't have to do major work to wire it, etc. and 2) I want it to work through the factory head unit, (I don't want any remotes or any of that other stuff, just want to be able to control it through the radio). I know that some Intrigues from 1998-2000 came optional with them, and I don't know if it would work with an 01, all I know is that I can see on my radio CDC, (possibly standing for cd changer??) So again, does anyone know if this can be done, and how much work it'll take? thanks

• 1 year later...

It can be done you will need to locate a factory radio with a tape deck and a cd changer button, I think the harness is prewired for it under the dash. Good luck finding that radio if the cars you are looking in doesnt already have one. You will need to add the rear harness in the back though to plug in the changer that isnt too bad however as the car in the yard should have that. I thought about doing this but my car is so far from stock that it wouldnt be worth it and I have a Pioneer 6 disc cd changer in the trunk already. I have a 1999 FSM and the pinouts for the changer are shown in the enertainment chapter. LMK if either of you need them.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this will help, or if the Intrigue is the same as a '95 CS, but my first CS had a factory radio with cassette and Delco 12 disc changer in the trunk. My second '95 CS had the single disc in the radio. When I sold the first CS I swapped systems. The CD changer plug simply piggybacked into the main plug at the back of the radio. Can't remember if it plugged in first and the main into it, or visa-versa. But if they're the same, piece of cake. Just get the CD harness to.