new lights opinion...............

Guest GrandPrixlover1

Guest GrandPrixlover1

I was wondering about making my amber running lights(forum picture) red instead of amber. Is there anyway I can put them on and see and take it off easily if I don't like it?

Thanks for any help. :cool:

I can't see red lights there being legal. But, the easiest thing to do would be to pickup a spare set to modify that way you can put the stockers back in when you realize they don't look right

Guest GrandPrixlover1

I can't see red lights there being legal. But, the easiest thing to do would be to pickup a spare set to modify that way you can put the stockers back in when you realize they don't look right

Yeah, I'm just lookin for something inexpensive to do to make my car just look a little more aggressive.

Not a good idea IMO. Red lights belong on the back of the car. Period. I won't look more agressive, just more like it's going backwards.

BHAHAHA! :lol:

I don't know about the laws there... but red, and blue are both considered police colors. You can only have red as tail lights, and markers, and they have to be on sides or rear. Front must be yellow/clear. This goes the same for underbody lights, around here, they won't let you have red ones.

Buy a TGP....hey I think there's one for sale right now lol

Honestly, that green is a tough color to transform into agressive, but tinting would certainly help.

hood louvers would help. even a cowl hood.

i got a GTP hood for mine, and it definitely perked it up....if you have 5-spokes, then paint the calipers....if you dont have 5-spokes, then get some. makes the car loook sooo much nicer!

Guest GrandPrixlover1

If I get a different hood will it matter what year it is, or can I fit a 94/95 GTP hood on my 96 GP? I'm thinking a hood with louvers would be easier to find and go better with the car. I'm also thinking about getting some new wheels. I'm wondering if I could do my car like this guys ( I like the hood and the stripes and the wheels):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGN5WJK-8kg

?

If I get a different hood will it matter what year it is, or can I fit a 94/95 GTP hood on my 96 GP? I'm thinking a hood with louvers would be easier to find and go better with the car. I'm also thinking about getting some new wheels. I'm wondering if I could do my car like this guys ( I like the hood and the stripes and the wheels):

?

The hood would fit from any 1st gen GP. Louvers probably wouldn't look bad on your car, but I certainly wouldn't use that fags video as inspiration. C'mon...a cowbay hat and "Pink"...what a tool.

Guest GrandPrixlover1

Yeah I don't like anything fake. Anything that I'm going to put on my car is going to be functional and serve a purpose. I don't want to add a bunch of CRAP to my car just so it will LOOK cool. Now, there will probably be some mods done strictly for cosmetic purposes, but nothing too fancy. I want my car to be pretty much straight forward in terms of performance( possibly an engine and tranny swap after the one I have now craps out, which is going to be a while, LOL). The reason for the hood louvers would be that if I go to school out of state(I'm looking at University of Oklahoma as a possibility for my meteorology major.) I will be driving alot to chase storms and what not and I know that's going to be hard on the engine. Hood louvers would help, maybe not alot but at least they would still help. An after market PCM(well tuned), & short ram air intake, should help with gas mileage(as storm chasers can travel hundreds of miles a day). These are just a few things I'm thinking of doing in the near future(minus the engine swap for now).

An after market PCM(well tuned), & short ram air intake, should help with gas mileage(as storm chasers can travel hundreds of miles a day). These are just a few things I'm thinking of doing in the near future(minus the engine swap for now).

Ahh, a fellow storm chaser!

?

any hood from a 94-96 gtp will fit yours....no problems, no questions asked. i just happened to get one of a felow 94