Cradle Mounts and Bolts

Jeorge

Well I'm Going to finally put the ste back on the road after having it sit for a couple of years.

I need new cradle mounts and bolts is there any place I can get poly mounts for it or am I stuck with the delco's from the dealership

I also need two power mirrors and a power window motor for it.

In the spring it goes in for a paint job {factory defect not Rust} and I wanted to get it up to par again so I can either starts driving it again or sell it.

ahh, hydraulic cradle mounts. my favorite first thing to do on every TGP.

they go out every couple years and will only last for 1 year if you get any oil on them :rolleyes:

they have the hydraulic at most parts stores now so you prob wont have to go dealership. hydraulic is the way to go with all the torque the tgp is capable of.

as for the dogbones which I am not sure if thats what you are refering to, but all thats needed is eight 2 inch diameter washers. poly is a waste of time and leaves you with no dampening between your motor and core support. not to mention you have to usually drill em out and buy parts for no noticeable gains.

you may want to look into getting new front struts at the same time and go from there. really makes the car tighten up and ride nice.

Ive changed a handful of the cradle mounts, not a hard job and yes your stuck with the dealers rubber ones as nobody makes poly or solid, and im all about the solid mounts. They should be changed every 10 years or so...not every 2....

My biggest suggestion would be to put a couple layers of paint on the mounts to prevent any rusting, which can cause MAJOR damage if they rot out

like as in subframe mounts .

uh. never done those yet. But if I were to I would grab a 60k mile cradle off this car I saw in the junkyard.

:lol: I was thinking motor mounts.

Welcome back Jeorge. :wink: I know you should already have the part #'s for the cradle bushings, bolts, etc., but if you for some reason don't have them anymore, check out my thread in the FAQ section on the forum index page. I scanned a GP parts list that has all of the part #'s for the cradle bushings and a lot of other stuff.