my system what do you think

hell_raiser

How do you find those 6x9s? I find when I take out my subs (to go to the track) my stock 6x9s have no bass what so ever, and it bugs the crap out of me. Those are the 6x9s I was thinking about getting in the new year.

Jamie

that deck is bomb it sounds like its 50 watts rms not max

Really....

Continuous Power Output 22W x 4

I have a feeling you really have no idea what the hell your doing.

I second that notion !

Really....

I second that notion !

fag

Really....

I second that notion !

I third that notion.. Honestly, you shoulda done a bit of research, and spent your money elsewhere on quality components, not noisy Poineer garbage. You would be much happier. Anyone can go out and spend a bunch o' cash on Pioneer stuff at Best Buy, but it's the quality of the install and the pics which will bring great compliments. :wink:

I will keep my better sounding stock before I will switch to Pioneer. I have been down that route, and tried to tune one to many systems with Pioneer HU's and AMPs that have so much noise only to 'attempt' to cover up the noise. But then again, thier S/N ration is complete crap... They do look nice though and if thats what makes you happy, then kudos, pics would be great however.

whats wrong with pioneer?? i have no weird "noise " coming throigh my speakers. ive heard many good thing about pioneer.

im not saying they are junk, just low quality, however the Premier series isnt bad, but their S/N Ratio is horrible. Run a very high power system using a Pioneer and you will learn about their noise. Running a chassis ground to the chassis of the HU helps, as the HU's internal ground is crap, but there is still a very obvious noise and lower sound quality than you will get with other HUs.

yea just ground the shit out of everything and shouldnt have much noise. well, less noise than stock systems

I use 12 gauge grounds on all HUs that are aftermarket.

whats wrong with pioneer?? i have no weird "noise " coming throigh my speakers. ive heard many good thing about pioneer.

im not saying they are junk, just low quality, however the Premier series isnt bad, but their S/N Ratio is horrible. Run a very high power system using a Pioneer and you will learn about their noise. Running a chassis ground to the chassis of the HU helps, as the HU's internal ground is crap, but there is still a very obvious noise and lower sound quality than you will get with other HUs.

I HAVE noticed some noise when I have the car off and the HU in AUX or iPod mode, now that you mention it. I never noticed it when I had a Kenwood in there. I'm just using the internal ground of the deck, maybe I'll make a better one someday. I never hear it with the car running though.

I noticed it more when I installed a system for my buddy. Pioneer DEH-P6600, Infinity compenents front and rear. Infinity 4channel amp (dont remember model, but it was 111WRMS x4 @ 4ohm) and a Directed 1500D running two Kicker S12L7D2's. When He got his Premeir HU in, it was a tad bit better. I tuned the hell outta it and then I tested my old Alpine and Eclipse HU and the noise went away. Come to find out, Pioneers just get noisy, and their low SN Ratio becomes evident when you have such a high power system. I had installed a preamp EQ that helped the noise quite a bit.

I have NEVER noticed noise outta Kenwood HUs believe it or not. But Pioneer seems to be plauged with it.

• 2 weeks later...

agreed its much better than my old pos jvc deck and rapes most of what was in its price range for me lol it was free lol

JVCs arent the best an any way, but I have seen soooo many just keep staying alive. They do last a loooooooong time.

I don't know, I replaced my speakers with Pioneers. They serve me fine, I'm not picky and I'm on a tight budget so considering what I've paid I'm not about to complain. I find running my rears as subs and the door and dash speakers for highs and mids works fine, it's a slight improvement over factory I think. I'm not out there to impress anybody really, just get good sound for as little dough as possible.