DOHC Fuel Pressure at key-on and cranking?

dykz34

if you are doing a crank sensor on an automatic LQ1 the easiest way i found was by just dropping lout the alternator, that gives you fairly direct access to it.

if you are doing a crank sensor on an automatic LQ1 the easiest way i found was by just dropping lout the alternator, that gives you fairly direct access to it.

We ruled that out as the ICM is providing spark on startup. Good advice...but you're just talking moving it...not total removal right? Last time I checked, removing the 3.4L DOHC is not considered fun.

is there a way to check the injectors to see if they're firing by maybe pulling one of them out, leaving it connected and have it shoot into a bucket while cranking?

That won't work unfortunately because the fuel rail is solid mounted and I would have to pull all 6 injectors.

Doesn't means they are even recieving a pusle from the ECM...

Just talked to a buddy of mine and he has a GM set of noid lights that I should be able to borrow this weekend. I'll report back with the results.

In the meantime, should I ohm test the injectors as well?

We ruled that out as the ICM is providing spark on startup. Good advice...but you're just talking moving it...not total removal right? Last time I checked, removing the 3.4L DOHC is not considered fun.

I am talking total removal... my euro had a bad crank sensor and it was all but imposable to get at it any other way that i could find, bout an hours labor to get it out on a bad day, saved my sanity doing it that way. It also provided me enough room to get a dremil tool in there and drill a hole into the broken off crank sensor as it was swelled up and cracked inside the hole and i broke the top of it off so i drilled a hole in it and put a screw into it and it came right out that way.

even dropping the cradle down a bit won't get you good access at it on a automatic car.

Well, the car started last night.

Buddy of mine brought over the noid light and the front three injectors tested fine.

He said we should try spraying carb cleaner into the intake to see if it will fire - but I had tried starting fluid already.

Long story short, we sprayed some carb cleaner in there and the thing fired on the second try! I have no idea why it wouldn't fire on starting fluid but then it did on carb cleaner.

Seems to idling okay - I haven't driven it yet as one of the tranny cooler lines is dripping and I don't want to risk it. Plus the tabs are from December of 2004! :lol:

I'm planning on fixing the leaking line tonight and taking it around the block. The 3-year-old gas is probably going to cause issues when the car needs power to move - but I'll know soon enough.

What do you recommend I do with the 6-8 gallons of old gas in the tank? Try to run the car until it's gone? Or fill it up with fresh stuff? Or try to drain it? Or maybe add chemicals to it?

Thanks again!

Run It As Low As The Gas Will Let Ya. The Fill Up With 87 To Dilute It. Add A Can Of SeaFoam To The Tank Too. After That Tank Is Gone, It "Should" Be Good To Go.

Yeah, I might just let it idle in the garage for an hour or two. :lol:

I've been running my TGP on 2 year old gas just fine :dunno: I added a bottle of injector cleaner to it, but otherwise I would start it every week or so and let it run for like an hour, but still, after about 30 miles (around the block multiple times) and letting it sit in the driveway and idle for probably 2 or 3 hours more than that, I still have about 3/4 of a tank :lol:

sorry to stray off topic but what is the history on this particular car?

What do you want to know? I bought it in February of 2000. Drove it until December 2004. Sold it to my cousin. It died on him in January 2005. I bought it back in October 2007. It runs again in November 2007. :)