and then there were two

patgizz

it was god910's car

IIRC the trans blown in the car

Kuntzie's all jealous that there's another black TGP that he doesn't own. :lol:

Nice pickup, Pat.

Yup, because he owns all of ONE tgp....

this one didn't come from the same stable matt's came from. this one was local. he was on the forums years ago and we kept in contact and he is moving away and didn't have time or motivation to get the car together.

i'm borrowing the 5 speedy guts for the red car and black car will go into hiding for a while as other stuff gets done. whomever swapped it did it right, but he bought it that way years ago. they made a bracket for the turbo, did the wiring correct, theres a chip from one of the guys here, maybe you can tell me who cause i forgot, it's got a label on it written in blue ink saying "getrag 282, 180 deg, 12psi"

car in background is my 91 caprice wagon, which probably looks familiar because i'm sure you have seen it around town. as soon as the tgp is 5 speeded, which shouldnt take me all that long if i get motivated enough to actually pull the motor out of the red one, that one is going down for repairing of the more than doubling the hp kind.

i think my dad accepts the fact - finally - that i can not be stopped. and he also knows i am buying my own place next year.

chris - the black one has a t28 i think... or had. i forget what he said. but these turbos are so funny small. i forgot how tiny they are since the last turbo 3.1 i had was probably 6 years ago. i think i need a bigger one.

black car came with some new stuff that is going right onto the red one - 34mm sway bar w/ poly bushings, FAF rear 2" drop leaf(ironically that he bought from me), new FFP dogbones, and a pantload of other stuff. i might get crazy and see if i can get both cars done over winter, but most certainly the red one will be ready to go come spring. i was fixing a flat tire on the wagon and found more rust so..... i won't be concentrating on that one beyond dropping in another TBI 305 to replace the one with the blown head gasket and asston of miles. so i'll have all the time available that i was going to dedicate to making that one fun.

i think my dad accepts the fact - finally - that i can not be stopped. and he also knows i am buying my own place next year.

Same situation here. "Get that out of my garage!" "Why you swapping engines? It ran fine!" "Transmission again??" "Transmission AGAIN?!?!?" "What Camaro is coming here?" :lol:

Yep, I've for sure seen the black one you bought. I ended up partying with him and his GF my first year of school here. I seen his TGP, then seen the 5 speed, and knew instantly that he would be around on one of these forums. He had a bit of work done to that car, IIRC.

I remember the guy the guy that owned that car. Everyone that buys a TGP seems to end up with at least two of these cars. I'm planning on another one sometime in the near future....has to be mint or nearly mint...thinking about getting a red one(unless I come across another nice black car).

theres a chip from one of the guys here, maybe you can tell me who cause i forgot, it's got a label on it written in blue ink saying "getrag 282, 180 deg, 12psi"

not too many people made 5 speed chips..

offhand;

Davis, Kenny, Jay, mars, skalor.. prolly not too many others.

Yep, I've for sure seen the black one you bought. I ended up partying with him and his GF my first year of school here. I seen his TGP, then seen the 5 speed, and knew instantly that he would be around on one of these forums. He had a bit of work done to that car, IIRC.

There's another 5 speed tgp?

• 3 weeks later...

the black car no longer is a 5 speed :mrgreen:

the red one will be shortly.

i keep finding more and more structural rot up front in the black car, i'm getting scared of the idea of putting it back together and having it be safe.

Everyone that buys a TGP seems to end up with at least two of these cars.

I guess that is true, befor I had even registered, started, driven, or popped the hood on my first TGP, I had bought the one I currently have. And befor I drove either of them, I had sold the first one. Am I making sense? Of course my goal is to find a Black TGP, with grey interior (dont care about the condition of the interior), and seap in the Charcoal seats with grey outlines in. Seen it on one car, and it looked awesome. Either that, or buy a Maroon TSTE!