Where does this plug in???

Bake82

100_2165.jpg

100_2164.jpg

It is a female plug with Dark green wires heading to ECM(can't remember where it goes, but I thought I remember it being important) and a black ground.

It runs to about the tranny side of the motor or the end of the turbo radiator.

Is this supposed to plug into the tranny, rad? any help is appreciated. It's the ONLY plug that I don't know where it goes!

Thanks in advance!!

Yup, AC condenser.

Whats with the electrical tape on it?

It does not go on the AC compressor, but Condensor makes alot of sense because it has the same connection as the AC compressors..

You think it's going to be possible to put that in with the rad and inter cooler in the way?

and I accidentally cut the green wire, than realized I cut the wrong connection and soldered it back together..

to me it looks like an a/c pressure switch, some compressors have that. however the a/c condenser does not have and switches/connections

GOOD! I will take a closer look at the compressor and maybe I missed a connection on it....

The a/c pressure switch would be on the compressor itself I assume? Thanks for the help Chris!! It's appreciated!

It plugs into the A/C compressor. 100% no doubt in my mind.

On both my STE and TGP harnesses, the insulation on the wires for those two plugs were worn down to bare metal.

Unless for some reason '88 used that plug somewhere else, which I guess is completely plausable, seeing how screwed up '88s are :lol:

It plugs into the A/C compressor. 100% no doubt in my mind.

On both my STE and TGP harnesses, the insulation on the wires for those two plugs were worn down to bare metal.

Unless for some reason '88 used that plug somewhere else, which I guess is completely plausable, seeing how screwed up '88s are :lol:

LOL.

Well I have 2 plugs that look like that that are already in the AC compressor I think they're red and yellow. My first thought was this definetly looks like one of the ac compressor plugs, but I just assumed there was only 2 plugs, guess there is a 3rd on it...I'll have a look tonight/tomorrow....

and Tony you're completely right...88's were messed up!!! lol

there ought to be a second plug on the compressor, however it is very possible that the compressor isan't original and whoever replaced it didn't take the time to swap it over. if you have a spare compressor there should be a plug secured in with small snap ring that you can take out to install that switch

there ought to be a second plug on the compressor, however it is very possible that the compressor isan't original and whoever replaced it didn't take the time to swap it over. if you have a spare compressor there should be a plug secured in with small snap ring that you can take out to install that switch

Nah I got 2 plugs like that already into the compressor.....wheres the third? I can't ereally see one?