Injectors

manualturbo

i searched for this topic but nothing useful showed up so ill ask...

what kind of injectors will fit the tgp? summit has a butt load of "universal fit, high impedance" injectors listed, and i was wondering if these would work. im looking for more flowing injectors, b/c i think more than one of mine r going bad. or if anyone has part number for some good 27 lb/hr or better please list them.

thanks a lot

mitch

Just about any injector will work if its high impeadence. I got a set of 26# of ebay for dirt cheap. P/n 12555694. Just query the # you want. The length has to be about 2.5 or longer o ring c/l's.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?currdisp=&SortProperty=&categorymap=&attr4=&from=R2&cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Febaymotors%2Fws%2F&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=fuel+injectors&s_partnerid=2%26siteid%3D100%26category4%3D33554&BasicSearch=

Just about any GM or Ford injector will fit. I'm using 36# L67 injectors on my 3.4 and they seem to be working fine, the BPW at idle is kinda low (.6 mSec) but it runs fine.

24# Accell injectors for an LT1 will work in the TGP. There's a few guys on the TGP forums that are running them right now with no problems, and they aren't prone to leaking like the stockers are. I priced them $191 shipped to my door for 6 of them.

So the set of 36lb. L67 stock injectors laying on the shelf in my garage will fit in my TGP??? I am assuming fuel pressure will need to be turned down or something right?

Chip will need to be modified with any larger injectors. Had put the Accell #24's in my STE and it ran great (40 MPG highway - 29 MPG city) for a month then started running rich - probably due to the altitude. Went back to some "matched" 22lbs injectors and WHAM! instantly took .30 off 1/4 mile times.

Go figure all cars are different, will be putting the 24 lbs in my TGP once it is rebuilt. Have found a company in Denver (Command Performance Engineering) that will make a custom chip for this altitude & mods I will do to my TGP :D :D

Yea, on a 3.4. I really have no clue on a 3.1, what BPW does the TGP run stock at idle? Since the 3.4 and TGP have about the same fuel injectors I would guess that at idle with the 36# it would be just over half of stock.

Before I forget, I found all the ALDL datastream definitions for the w-body, including both TGP's, the 94-95 3.4, and the 94-95 flash 3100, as well as the ABS, SIR, and some BCM modules :D

I don't remember the TGP's BPW at idle... I'll have to check it out if I can ever get my laptop to work with the Diacom cable again.

Care to share those definitions? :)

Wow, that's great stuff, thanks for sharing!

Now if only I could find the Mode 0 stream info!

I've seen the Mode 0 stuff in the dissasemblie's before.

I can't see running anything more than 24Lbs on a tgp even if it was chipped. The stock ecu makes an extremely rich condition even with the 22lbs stockers so anthing over the 24lb is gonna be so rich you will bog trying to punch off idle. To much fuel is also bad for you car.

I can't see running anything more than 24Lbs on a tgp even if it was chipped. The stock ecu makes an extremely rich condition even with the 22lbs stockers so anthing over the 24lb is gonna be so rich you will bog trying to punch off idle. To much fuel is also bad for you car.

I can. I wouldn't feel safe running injectors that small just because I am used to the big L67 injectors. (We are running 42.5lb injectors in the GTP because the 36lb were running way static, they weren't even close to big enough) Once you put a chip in a TGP is is running 4psi boost more than it did stock, among all the fuel table changes that were made, so it is almost at the limit on the stock fuel injectors, which makes sense because it is making close to 250hp then. You would have to get the computer programmed for the new injectors so it would run correctly at idle and under WOT for larger injectors, but 22lb are really small injectors. Yes, too much fuel will make the car run really bad, as lean as you can get safely is going to be fast. Lean is fast. Once you get too lean though, you aren't going to be fast anymore. (Stuff will break)

That is the idea of "chipping", the ECM is almost infinately adjustable in this regard. The only constraint on injector size is if the injectors themselves can provide a small enough pulse width for the engine to idle on.